Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: RAM meter skinning won't work
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:16 pm 

I am having trouble getting SOME theme RAM meters to skin properly. When I try to get only the % RAM displayed, a MB number is displayed. And this is without anything checked off to be displayed other than "show memory load" (with % entered in SUFFIX box along with X&Y coords.). In fact, I can duplicate settings for one theme's RAM module (with % RAM displayed properly) in another theme and end up with the problem. Cannot figure out what is going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The memory load setting ALWAYS displays a percent of the used up RAM. Maybe you are forgetting to select the 'Advanced Skinning' check box in the RAM Meter Advanced Skinning Options dialog box?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:19 pm 
The "advanced skinning" is selected. Cannot understand why it is not working !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

And are you sure you have a wsRAM.bmp bitmap on the theme's folder? What themes present this problem?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:15 am 

Hi:

Cannot understand why I am not getting notified via e-mail when a reply is posted (it is checked).

I have 6 themes (3 new ones): AquaZone, Atlantek, BIC, Chiffre, CopperDeck II, Graduate NS. The only theme that has a wsRAM.bmp is the BIC. What happened to these files? That must explain my problem. Any suggestions? Thanks. I checked the zipped files for the 3 downloaded themes & no wsRAM.bmp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:33 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

As you probably know, WorkShelf is in constant evolution, with new modules and features being added as time goes by. That means some of those themes came out before there even was a RAM Meter module.

When a theme does not have bitmaps for one of the new modules, WorkShelf automatically applies a generic background to it (which actually is the bitmap used in NextSTART for task tiles), so that the module blends in with the rest of the theme.

In order to use all the advanced skinning options for modules that are not being skinned by a particular theme, you will have to add the relevant bitmaps yourself... which means you will have to learn how to skin WorkShelf. :D

As for not being notified by email when replies are posted, maybe it was because you forgot to log in in your reply prior to this one? You posted the reply as a Guest user.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:39 am 

Got it! Thanks.

The misbehavior of the system tray is beginning to drive me crazy. I'll customize the tray under Windows, return to NS. Then when I reboot, the customization under Windows resets & is no longer how I customized it. Crazy. I hate Microsoft.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]