Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: question about startbar and spanning monitors
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:33 pm 

i'm not sure i understand that point of this? for 1, it doesn't separate the apps into the startbar on each monitor, like what ultramon would do, it also doesn't seem to reserve the space so if i maximize something, it fills the whole screen, not taking into account there is a startbar there. other than spanning both monitors, what is the purpose of this function?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

All good points.

In principle, a larger startbar spanning multiple monitors at least has more space to display tasklist buttons. When that idea was implemented, many years ago, Windows did not support reserving screen space on monitors other than the primary.

I guess it's time to revisit all of that in a future version - thanks for your suggestions. :D

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:05 pm 

ok, well it's good to know i'm not missing something then. i just purchased winstep about a week ago, but now i have to struggle with this issue, i've been using ultramon for so many years i'm so used to having the windows that are on the monitor, in that taskbar. i can still use ultramon, but the startbar will show all either way, redundant for me, but we'll see. just seems very odd to me, but then again, this is a new app for me as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh, have no doubts I like the idea of displaying each task on its own monitor, and that I *will* implement that feature ASAP.

You'll just have to be a little patient, as with everything else going on (see the 'Preview of things to come' thread) I have my plate full right now. :wink:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:31 pm 

oh, i read that, very excited. i've been an object desktop subscriber for i dunno, 7-8 years or something, been using stardock apps since WB on win98, so i love skinning. i've always seen winstep over the years, but recently when i saw your price drop like 50%, i couldn't pass it up, and love it so far, with that 1 minor annoyance lol, but hey, not all programs are created for me specifically, like they should be :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:21 pm 

winstep wrote:
Oh, have no doubts I like the idea of displaying each task on its own monitor, and that I *will* implement that feature ASAP.

You'll just have to be a little patient, as with everything else going on (see the 'Preview of things to come' thread) I have my plate full right now. :wink:

What's the status of this feature?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Still on the to-do list, sorry. :cry:

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]