Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Apoligies to all
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:50 pm 

My name is IceBabee , Kittycat670 and myself would like to apoligize not only to you skinners but also to the whole winstep family. We have both just recently started creating themes for all of your enjoyment hopefully but have found that we wasn't doing some things properly! Our apoligies once again..........we did not quite understand all the rules, though we truly tried too! Like I said we are beginners, and like everyone started out I'm sure, we are learning by trial and error! We mean no harm nor disrespect to anyone, we are just trying to do something we both love and enjoy. We respect all compliments and disapprovals, and we also would appreciate any and all advice and help that anyone has to offer.....! Kittycat and myself are working on a new theme now that we think will satisfy all and truly hope that you will all like it! Thanx for letting me explain ourselves and to appoligize to you all! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:30 am 

I am not aware of any reason for you guys to apologize (unless you are using other peoples graphics without permission first). I have see some of your skins over at Wincustomize and they are quite good for "beginners".

Everything in life takes time to improve IMO. Keep up the good work, and thanks for sharing! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:44 am 

Hi IceBabee,

One thing you have to be very careful of is not using someone else graphics, unless of course you acquire permission. And getting that usually requires a screenshot of what you intend to upload in order to get it...and be prepared because you may not always get it...it all depends on how much work you put into what your doing. Many skinner are very picky about giving permission to something that wasn't created very well which is based on they're graphics. And trust me...everyone watches the libraries and will know in a second if they're graphics were used without permission since they usually take a lot of time creating them. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey Icebabee and KittyKat! :D

Just like Kwickone, I see no need to apologize. Skinners are few and far between these days, and, though you're still beginners (who wasn't one day?) and learning, your work is, and will always be, invaluable and unique.

Please keep it up! :D

Thanks,

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]