Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Question about Superbar in Vista
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:57 am 

Hello! I'm test driving the NextSTART in Vista and really like the implementation of the Windows 7 Superbar. I'm also running Windows 7 RC1 so it's nice to have similar functionality when I switch back to Vista. One thing I've been looking for is a way to change to timing for thumbnail pop-ups. The default feels slow compared with Windows 7. Is this adjustable? I've looked through the settings and don't see anything, but maybe I'm missing it.

Also, is there a plan to implement the "show desktop" bar? - that's the small bar at the right end of the taskbar in "7" that hides all open windows when the mouse cursor rests on it (it can also be left-clicked to minimize all windows). This is actually quite useful for viewing gadgets on the desktop.

Regarding buying/registering the software, is it possible to get just NextSTART? I'm not sure I need Winshelf or Nexus at this point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:02 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The next Winstep Xtreme release (which is comming out sooner than you probably think :wink: ) will feature a brand new User Interface and multi-language support. Once that is out of the way, focus will be on adding lots more features, functionality, modules (widgets), etc...

It's not possible to buy just NextSTART, but trust me, ALL the components of Winstep Xtreme will grow on you once you start using them and understanding all they can do. And the Winstep Xtreme suite is great value for money.

Thanks,

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]