Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Start Menu Organiser Pro
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:52 am 

Hi,
2 questions if I may ask.

1)
I have just got the Start Menu Organiser and the key to change it to the Pro version.

I am for now using Vista x32 though I'll be going to the W7 x64 when its released and my funds improve, read I'm broke at the moment :shock: :) this is the main reason I got this program.

Anyway, I installed the program in my D: Partition. I selected the option to run it and nothing happens, then I double click on the key and again nothing happens.

I uninstalled it and re-installed in C:.
Again, maybe I should not have selected the run now option but I did, again nothing.
I double click on the key, all I see is a "flash" of the timer icon and program again will not run.

I tried in the shortcut link changing to the administrator\and me but no good.

I trie again double clicking on the key, but this time I did not double click so fast and the timer stayed on screen a little longer but no joy.

I forgot, I disabled my AV, firewall and other security programs wih no joy.

any any ideas 'cos I have run out or them.

2) Will this program be made to be compatible in W7 x64 ?
When W7 x64 is released and my funds drastically improve I'll be buying it, in the RC 7100 it looks great.

Many thanks in advance.

BTW, I have a super program Directory Opus, it is very customisable, I use the dual Pane feature.
Using it I can modify the Start Menu folders & shortcuts in W7 but it is very fiddly, there is almost a Start Menu folder in all of the users.

Start Menu Organiser Pro will be a very real help there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:55 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Dinny!

1 - I'm not sure I understood you correctly: are you saying that the Winstep Start Menu Organizer is not running on your system or that double clicking the license key does nothing? If the later, run the Organizer - all having gone well, it will no longer say 'Free version'.

2 - The Winstep Start Menu Organizer is already compatible with Windows 7, both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:37 pm 

Jorge,
I tried again to get the program to run in Vista business x32 (no I dont have a business, this version of Vista has all the features I require, Vista Ultimate has features I'll never use) but it won't.

I have a trayless hard drive caddy that I can swap hard drives in 8 seconds, so I have vista on one and W7 RC 7100 x32 on another.
I installed Start Menu Organiser in it and it works.

I'm feeling that there is something wrong in the Vista setup that I may look into, but I like W7 so I may just continue to work in it and get W7 x64 when the final is released.

I also have W7 RC 7100 x64 so I'll try it in it.

thanks for your reply.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]