Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: problem with NextStart
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:20 pm 

I am having a recurring problem with NextStart that I hope can be solved. Whenever I go into Windows Explorer or just a program file in general while NS is running and I try to right click/delete a file or folder, NS locks up on me. So then I open Windows Task Manager and it shows the current folder I am working in as being unresponsive and also Windows Explorer being unresponsive. When I kill NS the start menu and taskbar will change back to Windows and everything will run fine for a while. So, I enable NS again and try the same thing and it will work sometimes. Usually it will do the same thing again though, not too long later. What is going on here do you think? Thanks for the help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:46 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hmmm... Hard to say why that would happen other than some weird software interaction.

What Windows version are you running under? If XP, try disabling the 'Show Thumbnails' in Tasklist and Systray Preferences to see if that changes anything.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:06 am 

WOW! I think that worked! My window responses are MUCH faster now. I will wait and see and report back but I think you nailed it! Thanks a bunch. That was driving me bananas! :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]