Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

And that is already with the window thumbnails disabled, right? All you get is a text tooltip?

Could you please post a screenshot of your desktop with you mousing over the taskbar (press SHIFT-PRT SCR to copy the desktop into the clipboard)?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:47 am 

Here is the screenshot with my mouse over the Chrome icon. Just an FYI, if I turn on show running tasks in Nexus it will crash Nexus/Workshelf just like Nextstart crashes.

Profile ICQ 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:36 pm 

Some more info. Yesterday NS crashed and I was not interacting with it in any way. All of a sudden the Workshelf desktop modules showed up on the desktop (I have them in the NS Startbar) and the Windows Startbar came up. I haven't rebooted since then and didn't bother restarting NS and I just noticed that in task manager NS is still running and it's RAM count is at 46,386k.

I have also removed any and all tweaks to XP I was running to rule them out. Specifically I was running a patched version of UXTheme that unlocks the use of thrid party themes for XP. I was running various themes that can be had from Tweaking with Vishal. It has been less than two days so I cannot comment on this being a cause of my problems.

Profile ICQ 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:22 pm 

NS just crashed again. The error was an Access Violation but nothing in the event log. It did not end gracefully and I had to terminate the Access Violation popup to close NS.

Profile ICQ 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:03 pm 

Quote:
Anyone else reading this has been having similar problems with NextSTART?

Yes I have think I have had similar problems with random crashes when not using my computer. They were so bad I stopped using NS altogether. Please let me know if there is any information I can provide to help resolve the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:17 am 

I can unfortunately report that NS does the same thing under W7 x64. :oops:

If I start the preferences using the systray icon, 11 times out of 12 (yes, I've counted) I get a UAE and the systray disappears from the NS bar, then the NS bar disappears, then the normal Windows taskbar appears, without a systray, and the only way I can get the systray back is by logging off and then on again (or shutting down).

If I start the preferences by any other method - taskbar context menu, Start|Settings|Preferences, etc) it doesn't crash (or at least, it hasn't so far).

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:38 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pete, is that using 9.5? How are you opening Preferences via the systray icon? By double clicking it or by right clicking and selecting 'Preferences'?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:13 pm 

Only when I doubledoubleclickclick on the icon in the systray. The UAE pops up before the prefs dialog even shows.

Workshelf, on the other hand, doesn't ever seem to be affected by either the UAE itself or the NS closedown.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:30 pm 

Been getting 3-5 NS crashes per day. In my determinateion to figure out WTF is causing this I decided to start turning off NS features to see if it's something specific. The first thing I did was disable task grouping and so far no crashes. I'm not convinced this is the culprit since my workload has been light the past day but so far so good. My task grouping settings were to group similiar and open group on mouseover. Both are now off.

Profile ICQ 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:14 am 

No crashes since I disabled task grouping. Jorge, this seems to be the culprit for me.

Profile ICQ 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:15 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks! That could indeed be it, I never run with task grouping enabled here - I'll turn it on for a while to see what happens.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:28 pm 

I have turned grouping back on (grouped not sorted) but I have not enabled activation on mouseover to see if that changes anything.

Profile ICQ 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:00 am 

So far no crashes with Grouping turned on and I've tried 22 different themes to rule them out. Mouseover activation is NOT enabled. Going to let things ride for another day before I turn it back on.

Profile ICQ 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:36 am 

I can't begin to imagine the lifestyle of the poor gormless goons. They must have to do so much to just get the 1% of the 1% of the moron elite out there. But I guess there must be enough mouthbreathers to make it worth their while.

If only their dedication could be used for GOOD, not E-Vil.

I'm not kidding, I feel genuine sympathy for them. The world must seem a strange and friendless place. Still, I'm sure their cats keep them in good company.

It puts the cream on the skin, precioussss....
:)

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:50 pm 

So far still no crashes with group similiar enabled but no mouse over activation. 8)

Profile ICQ 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next