Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Nexus Icon Reflection causes bar/window flashing
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:52 pm 

Hey Jorge,

I recently enabled the very cool Icon Reflection in Nexus...saw this in your recent Youtube video around the new Nexus beta and had to try it. When enabled, it looks very cool when not being used.

When I mouse over the icons (magnify effect) the nexus bar (and sometimes other windows on my screen will flash slightly.

When I click and activate a drop down submenu, that menu flashes quite badly upon mouseover.

I am sure that rendering that cool effect is having some "fluidity" issues, but I cannot use it due to this issue.

EDIT: on a related note, I noticed that sometimes (not always) just mousing over the Nexus bar (WITHOUT ICON REFLECTION effect) will make other items (like window content) flash as well.

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's not normal behavior at all.

I think I've seen it happening once after running a QuickTime video. Their player did something that made all layered windows flash until the system was rebooted, if I remember correctly.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:48 pm 

Hmmmm...well, not sure then. I do use iTunes a lot, which installs Quicktime by default. When convinient, I will try a reboot and see if that clears it up.

FWIW, this is on a Dell Precision M6400 laptop with a NVIDIA Quadro FX 2700M display adapter.

I do notice also a LogMeIn Mirror Driver in the Display Adapters list too, but I believe that one only kicks in when I invoke LogMeIn. I will look into that one as well.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Let me know if you still see those problems immediately after rebooting, please. :-)

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:59 pm 

I saw this issue on my GFs computer (running xp sp3), whn I tried to use a transparent background and opaque icons. It went away when I set it to non transparent. I figure it has something to do with the gfx card. It shouldn't be an issue though, since the computer has a radeon X850 AGP card, which should be sufficient for a dock...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:13 pm 

It only does this flashing behavior when using the Magnify effect. If I switch to Afterglow, swing, rock, etc., it does not do it.

I wonder if it is due to the magnify overlapping the desktop and other windows (when moused over).

Anyway, I can live with this solution.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]