Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Help - I've pulled ALL my hair out
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:22 pm 

I will try and explain my problem as best as I can..... I am playing a game and during the game while my mouse is around the top of the screen, the game goes to the desktop and the shelf. I have looked all over for settings but can't seem to correct this problem. It doesn't always happen when the mouse is at the top of the screen, sometimes on the sides too. My game is a hidden object game so my mouse is constantly all over the screen and it is sooooo annoying when it constantly stops and goes back to desktop. I know I must be "bumping" but don't know how to fix. Please, please help me. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you playing the game full screen or in a window (if there is a titlebar, then it's a window)?

WorkShelf (and NextSTART) should automatically detect when a full screen application is running and automatically disable edge bumps until you return to the desktop.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:48 pm 

I am playing in full screen.... I looked at the options and there is a button for widescreen which I clicked. Now my screen looks like a window but I think it may have solved the problem. Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for your quick response. I am presuming the "wide screen" button on my game was the issue

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:05 pm 

Yip I have this problem aswell, only way round it is by actually closing xtreme down. Not very convienient but hey.

It happens with every game, it doesnt matter what res the game is running at it still happens.

Ive tried turning the hotspots off as I thought this may be causing the problem but it still occured.

My screen reso is 1280 x 1024 if that makes any difference.

All games running fullscreen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:51 am 

If you have a programmable mouse, here's a workaround until the issue is fixed:

Disable the hotspot and set it to a hotkey, then assign the hotkey to a mousebutton. It's not as convenient, but it's not as inconvenient as having issues ingame either. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I will be making a small 'test' application to track down this full screen issues as soon as I have the time.

When WSX detects a full screen application it automatically disables all hot keys and hotspots and edge bumps and whatnot. The question is what is so special about those game 'windows' that is causing WSX to think a full screen app is NOT running.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]