Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 43 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Taskbar Does Not Flash So I dont know What Is going on!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:52 am 
ok i used Nextstart for 3 days amnd found it quite good in some ways it mimmiks the Linux platfor but who cares.. the only problem i have had was when im on say Msn messenger and i recieve a messege the window in the taskbar pops up but does not flash like normal xp does. i hated this because i had soo many people talking to me and i didnt know which contact got my messege and which didnt.. is there a way to enable this feature.... or havent you people made it yet... its a great way to make a new version if u add this in... but who am i to tell you wat to do.. all i wanan noe if there is a way get the taskbar to flash!! .. There has to be a way!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:54 am 
errrrr .... no idea. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:55 am 
oh come on somone has to know!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Currently there is no way, but I am looking into it - just found an article that might help solve the problem.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:03 am 
SERIOUS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wen it is done I will be downloading it and using it im not using it now coz i dont know who is talking to me... LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:40 pm 

The author of the program is talking to you

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think he meant he didn't know who was paging him because the taskbar button didn't flash. :wink:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:22 am 
yea not jsut that man.. wen u run a program you dont know wat program is running... eg msn , Yahoo, aim...icq..ie6, all those apps... Realy wen its on i dont know what is going on but i love the way you made it man! its Awsome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:55 am 
damn i cant edit the other one coz im guest.. oh well.. another question... is when will u release the new nextstart with the fixed menu flash and everything?.. jsut wondering coz i want it back.. soo much!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jase wrote:
yea not jsut that man.. wen u run a program you dont know wat program is running... eg msn , Yahoo, aim...icq..ie6, all those apps... Realy wen its on i dont know what is going on but i love the way you made it man! its Awsome!

Not sure what you mean by this?! NextSTART's tasklist has basically two modes: the old NeXT style - where each running application is represented by its icon in a square tile and you can view the application's name in a tooltip by moving the mouse pointer over the tile - and the normal mode, where each application is represented in a button by both its icon and the name, just like in the normal Windows taskbar.

Either way you should have absolutelly no problem viewing the list of currently running applications and identifying them - unless, of course, you've been fiddling around and deliberately disabled the NextSTART task list.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:20 pm 

winstep wrote:
NextSTART's tasklist has basically two modes: the old NeXT style - where each running application is represented by its icon in a square tile and you can view the application's name in a tooltip by moving the mouse pointer over the tile ....

Which is very handy and very cool too :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:26 am 
ok here is what i mean.. http://members.optusnet.com.au/jaso01/Desktop1Slatexp.JPG

see how i have running applications.. some one is talking to me on messenger and yahoo.. right and it is not flashing to say that there is an active window so lets just say i had the sound on mute or no speakers at all.. i would not have a clue what is going on... understand?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by this?!

Jorge, he just means what his original post alluded to. The fact that neither task tiles nor start bar buttons "flash" to show that a new message has appeared in most of the major IM protocols, or a query window in most IRC clients, etc.

Profile WWWYIMICQ 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:19 am 
Hell Yea Thats Exactly what i am saying...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:09 am 
when are you gonna Realease the new version with this fix

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 43 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next