Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:30 am 

i've always wondered if they have like an "are you sure?" dude at redmond. can't have users accidently starting new games of spider solitaire you know XD

Profile WWWYIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:06 pm 

I always there should be an "are you sure?" guy in those movies when the bomb squad is down to two wires, with 5 seconds remaining - and he announces he is going to cut the white wire....

Microsoft Clippy (the paper clip) could audition.... "It looks like you are defusing a bomb. Do you need any help?"

Damn prompts just getting in the way of letting me get my job done!! :twisted:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:43 pm 

i imagine its just a policy that says every action of a certain class has to be confirmed, apparently there are no contextual considerations. well either that or they're just retarded :roll: well anyway, moving right along, i think undo functions are a nice semi-alternative to a confirmation.

Profile WWWYIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:57 pm 

BuBBy wrote:
I always there should be an "are you sure?" guy in those movies when the bomb squad is down to two wires, with 5 seconds remaining - and he announces he is going to cut the white wire....

Microsoft Clippy (the paper clip) could audition.... "It looks like you are defusing a bomb. Do you need any help?"

Damn prompts just getting in the way of letting me get my job done!! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

AHAHAHHAHAHA! :lol:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:24 am 

There was a really funny little application that made the rounds shortly before Windows NT hit the streets.

It was basically a little note-type of app, and after at least a dozen offers to back up or save or rename, eventually it got all sulky, narky, and finally, when it was about to close, it didn't delete the file, it copied it to the (then fandangly new) recycle bin, AND renamed the file to whatever it was.RIP.

That was a cool app. And I REALLY liked the Clippy shot too, that's what we're talkin' bout. :twisted:

Edit: I actually kept a copy of the clippit and a couple of other jokes, but unfortunately they went bye-byes when my system crashed last week. It's so weird, I keep finding new things that I forgot I had, that I've now lost...

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2