Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Can't get top "Shelf?" to work the way I want
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:00 pm 

I can't remember what I did, but I managed to unlock the section at the top (not sure what's it's called, Shelf?) that has Recent-Main-Desktop-Control Panel-Quick Launch-New Tab-Tasks-Themes.

I can't find where to lock it back. I want to re-lock it to see if I unlock it again I'll be able to make it work the way I want.

The reason I unlocked it and made it free-floating is because I want the web-page to fill up the whole screen. I want this section hidden underneath the web-page and to only show with a bump like the other docks. Can this be done while it's in the locked position?

The other part of this is that I must have done something weird because in the beginning when I set it to free-float in the collapsed position, I thought that it opened downward, (am I mistaken?) which allowed me to keep it near the top. Now it opens upward, which forces me to keep it a couple of inches from the top of my screen so I can see everything when it's opened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:39 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Right click on the left mini-tab. On the Shelf's control menu that you will get, you will be able to play with the 'docked/floating' and 'invert' options.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:07 pm 

Thanks Jorge! It took me a while, but I finally figured out the setting I wanted for the Shelf which is to have only the Shelf Tabs showing at the top of the screen but not show when my browser or folder etc. is open in full screen, but will show with a bump.

For those using Winstep Xtreme who may want to do the same, here's what I did...

Right click on the left mini-tab. On the Shelf's control menu select Preferences then select WS with the red check mark.

Shelf Settings-Everything unchecked

Collasped Options--Collaspe to Tabs-Everything unchecked

Auto Collaspe-Enable Edge Bump Activation checked

Tab Alignment-N/A This setting has nothing to do with this.

Shelf Position-Dock to Top and Show Shelf in Normal Plane

The rest of the settings are at default and have nothing to do with this.

I was worried there for a while that I wouldn't be able to accomplish this setup because it wasn't built into the program. Keep up the great work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:50 pm 

In my previous post I listed one of the settings as:

Collasped Options--Collaspe to Tabs-Everything unchecked.

I have since done a System Revovery and reinstalled my programs. When I applied my above settings it left the Shelf headings showing while the Browser is open. I now have to change the setting to:

Collasped Options--Collaspe to Frame-Everything unchecked. Did something change or was I mistaken in my original setting?

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]