Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Newbie questions
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:06 pm 

I am completely new to WinStep, so pardon me for my stupid questions.

I am running the trial of WinStep and am having a lot of fun playing with it and trying to figure out how to best adopt it for my purposes. I like it when software suites like WinStep can be used to add to the way I already like to do things, as opposed to some suites which try to change it entirely. While the latter may be well-intentioned, I usually end up getting rid of them (WindowsBlinds being a great example).

So far, while I am impressed with the product, I do have one dilemma. Well, at least one... I use Win7 x64 (rc) and obviously would like to make use of the new task bar. I don't know if this is theme-specific, but WinStep seems to like disabling the new Win7-style taskbar (or superbar, as some call it) and replacing it with the traditional kind, one without jump lists. I like jump lists... And I like the way Win7 groups multiple instances of the same application (which is distinctly better than how Windows used to do it). Is there a way to change this to my liking?

Thank you for your time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jumplists are still absent, but you can turn the replacement taskbar into a Win7 look-alike by right-clicking on a (any) task button -> Tasklist Settings -> Style -> Windows 7.

Otherwise you can simply disable the taskbar replacement entirelly (open the main NextSTART menu -> Settings -> Toggle NS Task Management).

Hope this helps! :D

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]