Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: 3 Questions About Nexus Dock
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am 

I'm using XP.
1. How do you delete the Windows trash can? Right clicking and send to recycle bin or delete is greyed out.
2. I collapsed the Windows task bar and sellected auto hide and lock task bar but the tiny extra bar at the very top stays launched and sticks up above the edge of the bottom of my moniter screen about 1/16". How do I eliminate that little bar? I thought locking the task bar got rid of that little lip.
3. Where are all the available Nexus shortcuts (like the cool RAM and CPU graphs) I can use in the Dock? I know you can add your own shortcuts but where's the folder or a list of all the Nexus dock icons? I'm not talking about Wigits, just the shortcuts that go into the Dock. Or are there only the 10 or so that came with it, no add ons?

Post subject: Re: 3 Questions About Nexus Dock
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:11 pm 

letsgetiton wrote:
I'm using XP.
1. How do you delete the Windows trash can? Right clicking and send to recycle bin or delete is greyed out.
2. I collapsed the Windows task bar and sellected auto hide and lock task bar but the tiny extra bar at the very top stays launched and sticks up above the edge of the bottom of my moniter screen about 1/16". How do I eliminate that little bar? I thought locking the task bar got rid of that little lip.
3. Where are all the available Nexus shortcuts (like the cool RAM and CPU graphs) I can use in the Dock? I know you can add your own shortcuts but where's the folder or a list of all the Nexus dock icons? I'm not talking about Wigits, just the shortcuts that go into the Dock. Or are there only the 10 or so that came with it, no add ons?

1. See here for instructions.

2. I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Are you able to provide a screenshot or something?

3. Insert New Dock Item / Item Type: Module...and so forth. To my knowledge you can only choose from the ones that come with WinStep, about 10 or so. I don't think there are any additional ones out there online.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:09 am 

OK, thanks.
I found out on another site how to hide all the desktop icons, including the trash can.
And at the same site learned that you cannot hide the task bar without it leaving that little line at the top. It's built into Windoz.
See screen shot, note red arrows.
If thumbnail pic doesn't show up click. http://www.imagebam.com/image/accc4152967598

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:06 am 

That doesn't look right to me... That looks like it would be something theme-specific. Are you skinning the taskbar with Nexus or some other product?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, he is using the free stand alone version of Nexus, which is a 'simple' dock and does NOT skin the Windows taskbar (unlike the full Winstep Xtreme suite).

For future reference, Nexus also supports 50+ special 'Internal Commands' (which you can access the same way you described to insert a module into the dock, e.g. Insert New Dock Item -> Item Type: Internal Command) and one of them gives you the ability to Show/Hide desktop icons at will.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]