Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Workshelf & Icon Packager under Windows 7 Ultimate
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:03 pm 

I've just installed Windows 7 Ultimate. I followed this with Workshelf (the only part of Winstep I use, version 9.5) and all seemed ok. I then installed Stardock's Icon Packager 5 (beta) and a strange thing happened. Most of the shelf icons turned into plain white rectangles, very like the one in the top left corner of this post. The functions that come with Workshelf remain ok, and Open Office documents keep the correct icons, although Open Office itself doesn't.

Other users on the Stardock forum don't seem to have had this problem and I wondered if anyone here has experienced it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:03 am 

Because of this and another problem I'm having with Workshelf I've decided to re-install it. Can anyone tell me which file Workshelf settings are kept in so I don't have to go through the whole customising rigmarole again ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:23 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

WorkShelf settings are stored in the Windows Registry. This said, you can make a backup of the settings and restore them later via the General tab in WorkShelf Preferences (if you're running 9.5) or Advanced tab if you are running 9.10. In the same Preferences tab you will also find a Troubleshoot button which allows you to reset all your settings to installation defaults.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:32 am 

Hmph....

Uninstalled Winstep. Used Ccleaner to clean the Registry. Downloaded Winstep again and re-installed. I still have some problems with icons not displaying properly, but I'm confident that's an Icon Packager problem, not Winstep. However, I'm also having a problem with the Control Panel tab. Each CP icon is a question mark and none of them work. Clearly Workshelf is looking in the wrong place for the Control Panel functions. How can I fix this ?

:?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:00 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you running the 32 or 64 bit version of Windows 7? Also, what version of Winstep Xtreme are you running? 9.5? If you're running the 64 bit version of Windows 7 and WSX 9.5, then download the 9.10 beta from HERE.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]