Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Saving sounds question?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:22 am 

Running the 9.10 beta on Win 7. I want to change a few of the sounds to fit my needs. I know how to do this, but was wondering how to save the sound scheme after I'm done.

For example, I'm using the "Mechanic" sound scheme, but I have changed a few of the sounds, and turned a few sounds completely off. Now I want to save this scheme. I see a "save as" button right next to the sound scheme, but it doesn't do anything when I press it. I was expecting a small window to pop up allowing me to type in a custon sound scheme title, and then save it. I have "Lock sound scheme" checked, and that works fine when switching through different themes. But, if I switch to a different sound scheme, then back to "Mechanic" the default sounds are all back. I can't choose a saved custom sound scheme. My sound selections stick as long as I don't switch to a different sound scheme, and then back again.

Any ideas? Is the "save as" not working in the beta?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:42 am 

CORRECTION: I make all my sound adjustments, click "apply", then "ok" thinking everything is set. Later, I open the Workshelf preferences, and the sounds are all back to default again.

For example, I change the "Open preferences" event to "None", click "apply", then "ok". Later, I open WS preferences back up and "wsSetup.wav" has replaced "None". wsSetup.wav isn't even part for the Mechanic sound scheme for "Open preferences". I don't actually get the wsSetup.wav sound when I open preferences, I still get no sound which is how I want it. But, the "none" does get replaced with wsSetup.wav later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:46 pm 

It seems like any event that has a sound associated with it does not like it when you change it to "None". I changed a couple of the other events to "None", and later, they too replace the "None" back to the default sound.

But, like I mentioned before, the "None" sticks, but if you click on the event that you set up with "None", the "sounds" show that the default sound has replaced "none". As long as I click "Cancel" on the WS preference screen, the "none" setting sticks. If I go back and revisit the "Sounds" tab, then click ok, I lose my "none" settings.

Also, if I change themes, then go back to the original theme I was using, the sounds set to "None" have been replaced with sounds from a different sound scheme. The same thing happens when I do a restore under the advanced tab. Even though I saved with my "none" settings for certain events. If I simply replace the default sound with something different, those sounds will stick even through theme changes, and restores.

Very quirky!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hmm, that Sounds tab in Preferences was indeed unfinished business. I think I fixed all those issues for the next release, thanks. :D

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:18 pm 

winstep wrote:
Hmm, that Sounds tab in Preferences was indeed unfinished business. I think I fixed all those issues for the next release, thanks. :D

Sounds good!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good pun! :wink:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:00 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:

The sounds tab? *taps* ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]