Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Nexus - multi monitor problem
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:43 pm 

Hi there and thanks for such a valuable free software.

I use two monitors for working and I have set Nexus docked in the right side of my left monitor, hidden. There is a difficulty trying to display Nexus sidebar as the mouse cursor can not "bump" at the edge of the screen as no actual edge exists. As I understand you use mouse coords to check for cursor position and then the sidebar is displayed when cursor is in the "hot" area. This area appears to be 1-2 pixels wide which is very small to hit, in addition to the delay before the bar is displayed.

My suggestion is: Allow user to specify the hot area width and allow for instant display of the bar without any delay. These two options will really help everybody in the described situation. Current "Edge Bump Delay" gives some ms of delay even if set in the lower position.

Thanks again

Post subject: Re: Nexus - multi monitor problem
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:53 pm 

Additionally, there is a small bug when I run a fullscreen game in Monitor 1. When the game closes, the Nexus bar is attached to Monitor 2 and I have to manually set it back to mon 1 again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:12 pm 

As I keep on testing Nexus I see that there is a serious bug when running fullscreen games. As soon as the game is closed, the nexus bar is not displayed anymore and the only solution is to terminate it in Task Manager and restart it. But when terminating it any other running applications crash.

I don't know if the problem for all these is that I have two monitors in my system, but the bug is really annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

What happens when you double click the Nexus systray icon after running a game? Since you're running multiple monitors, perhaps the dock has switched to a different monitor and you are now bumping the wrong screen edge with your mouse pointer.

Anyway, forgive my lack of response - I've been paying attention though.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:23 am 

Hi again

Nexus bar is not displayed anywhere. I have tried all the sides of both monitors. It just is not displayed anymore. I need to stop running nxdock first and then nexus in task manager and then restart it again. A trick I use instead of restarting the app, is to keep open minimized the Preferences dialog of Nexus and when closing the game to click on Apply to reset the bar.

I also noticed that if I first terminate Nexus instead of nxdock, almost all running applications crash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Do the full screen games you usually change your original screen resolution?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:29 pm 

Probably yes, although most games do not have settings for the display resolution, but in any case it turns it in a smaller size (800 x 600) than I use (1280 x 1024). Of course as soon as the game closes, the normal screen resolution is automatically turned back again to normal (1280 x 1024).

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]