Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Nexus - Does not Launch
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:48 pm 

Greetings,

I have been using nexus for the last year or so. For some reason the current version of the application does not open. I uninstalled the program, downloaded and installed the present version from the Winstep web site. When I click the nexus icon, the message "Initializing Nexus" displays, and that's it.

This same problem occurs with the Start Menu Organizer program; when I install Winstep Xterme, everything works as it should.

I am not a big fan of Winstep Xterme, so how do I get Nexus to open properly?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

No idea what might be happening, other than Nexus and the Organizer are both hanging on initialization... Not much in common between the two applications, so that kind of narrows it down.

However I won't be able to get to the bottom of this without your help: are you familiar with SysInternal's Process Monitor?

Anyway, when did Nexus start hanging on startup? Did you make any changes to your system just before this started happening?

Also, you mention that you're not a big fan of Winstep Xtreme: have you tried already the latest 9.12 public beta?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:01 pm 

winstep,

Thanks for your reply.

Presently using Nexus version 9.12.0.850

System Changes: Other then changing the desktop wall paper, no changes.

Problems began yesterday, the Nexus docking station was no longer there. Clicked the desktop icon nothing happened, same result when I click the Nexus icon in the Winstep folder. Restarting the computer also did not work.

SysInternal's Process Monitor? - I am not familiar with it.

Xterme 9.12 - if that this the current version of the site, I have tried. While the functionality is great I am not convinced purchasing the software after 30 days is the way to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:16 pm 

winstep,

I uninstalled neuxs, cleaned the registry, download the application again and installed, now the application is working

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:48 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Glad to know you got your problem fixed, although now we will never know what caused it in the first place... Please let me know if it happens again.

Don't forget that Nexus has a handy Backup and Restore feature - would probably have come useful to restore your Nexus configuration to whatever it was before you were forced to re-install it.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]