Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Multi-Monitor icons?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:53 am 

Hi all, somehow only just found Winstep, and have a few things I can't figure out.

Firstly, I use 2 monitors with DisplayFusion so I get per window taskbar icons, keeps my main taskbar tidy, however NextSTART seems to have all icons displayed on the one taskbar on my main monitor with the taskbar spanned accross to second monitor. I read a thread from over a year ago stating that support for this would be added ASAP, but I cannot find it, is it still not supported? Would like main taskbar + systray on monitor 1, with another taskbar on monitor 2 showing icons of open apps on that window.

Second, is there a way to have the taskbar behave just like the default one on Windows 7? Where you have the quicklaunch icons on far left, such as FireFox, and launching it doesn't clutter the taskbar up with another icon, but just highlights the icon showing you the program is running/open?

The first problem is the main 1 I am after, it's pretty much the same reason why I use no other software like Winstep, because I always get these multi monitor problems and ditch it.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi!

Unfortunately the support for independent taskbars on multi-monitor systems isn't there yet (which is embarassing to me because I run a multi-monitor system).

This said, here is what you can do for now: if you detach the tasklist from the starbar (leaving it floating) you can place the tasklist on one monitor and the startbar (together with the system tray) on another.

As for a Windows 7 type of taskbar, there are a number of themes on DeviantArt that mimic the Windows 7 look, however currently there is no way to make a taskbar icon double up as a launch/running application icon.

For now I'm still focusing on finishing the new NextSTART User Interface (are you running 9.12 beta, by the way?), but, all going well, I will be switching my main development environment to Windows 7 sometime next week. I'm sure that will help in bringing Winstep up to par with all Win7 new features.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:20 pm 

Aw hope it isn't too long before it is added, yes I installed beta, managed to get tasklist floating and onto monitor 2, however sadly I hate it already as I browse and open explorer windows on main monitor and always use taskbar to switch between them, having ALL icons on second monitor bugs me.

Hopefully you do eventually find time to get this feature added, I will then be happy to buy and hopefully it will still be a bargain price heh.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]