Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Windows Start bar has re-appeared: how do I lose it?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:58 am 

I have the latest full version of Winstep/Shelf. I have come back to the product after many months,and have forgotten a lot of the detail, but the Windows Start bar is still visible. It wasn't there after loading Winstep, but has re-appeared after re-booting, and I can't find a/the setting to get it to go away.

How do I achieve this?

thanks
rjstep3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:32 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Taskbar and Systray Preferences-> Misc.Preferencex-> Run NS Task Man.on Startup.

Or you add an 'Toggle NS Task Management' internal command to a menu (it should be there already, btw) and run that.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:34 pm 

This must be a bug - I have the setting you refer to, but I have systray set not to appear (as I have always thought that it serves no purpose whatsoever). Doing so causes the Windows task bar to appear.

Problem solved I suppose, but could Winstep please do something so that I can have a really clean interface minus the systray?

thanks for your help
rjstep3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I wouldn't call it a bug, rj. I think you are probably the only person I know of that doesn't want a systray at all. :D

I'm sure you will agree that, according to that point of view, most people would think that a complete disappearance of the systray is the bug - because of that, the systray must live somewhere: if is not being controled by NextSTART, then it must be controled by the Windows taskbar. Therefore, NextSTART will only let you hide the Windows taskbar when you let it handle BOTH the systray and the tasklist.

You can still have a minimal systray, using up as little space as possible, by enabling button mode and systray auto-hide.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]