Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Question about maximized windows in Nexus ...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:35 pm 

Hi guys - I have the following setup. Two vertical docks, one docked left, one docked right. Winamp is docked along top edge - having that on/off doesn't affect Nexus behavior. My shelf position settings are:

Dock to bottom screen edge, span full width
Prevent max. windows from overlapping** shelf checked (** "overlaping" typo on prefs tab)
Respect space checked, 32 pixels - not happening on shelf
Always above other windows - have tried all options**
Tabs on top
Collapsing temporarily set to manual

My two side docks are respected, but maximized windows are "underlapping" the shelf by about 1.5cm (not sure how many pixels that is - about 60?) ** no matter what option I choose in the "Always Keep above" section.

Can you tell me how to stop that, please?

Am still having trouble with inconsistent moving/copying of icons on the shelf. Other than that and the minor maximize frustration, I am really, really loving Nexus and have nothing but good things to say! Great replacement for my old mate RipBar and looking forward to the new modules.

Cheers!

Minor wish list:

The ability to add an icon to a separator
Add lock/unlock icons to the right click shelf context menu

Post subject: Re: Question about maximized windows in Nexus ...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hoods wrote:
My two side docks are respected, but maximized windows are "underlapping" the shelf by about 1.5cm (not sure how many pixels that is - about 60?) ** no matter what option I choose in the "Always Keep above" section.

Not exactly sure what you mean by underlapping, but if you mean that there is a gap between the top of the collapsed shelf and the bottom of the maximized windows *and* you are hidding the Windows taskbar, I suggest you first set the Windows taskbar to auto-hide before hidding it with Ultimate.

Also, did you increase your screen DPI to anything other than 100%?

If that's not it a screenshot displaying the problem would be useful.

Hoods wrote:
Minor wish list:

Right click on the separator and select 'Shelf/Dock Item Properties'.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:41 am 

Quote:
Not exactly sure what you mean by underlapping, but if you mean that there is a gap between the top of the collapsed shelf and the bottom of the maximized windows *and* you are hidding the Windows taskbar, I suggest you first set the Windows taskbar to auto-hide before hidding it with Ultimate.

Also, did you increase your screen DPI to anything other than 100%?

If that's not it a screenshot displaying the problem would be useful.

OK - here's a screenshot of the bottom left corner

http://www.wonboyncabins.com.au/private/pix.htm

As you will see, the maximized (Firefox) window respects the left hand dock, but is UNDER the shelf by the red outlined amount. Another dock on the right is also respected. I am not hiding the taskbar, and generally don't have the Shelf collapsed.

I haven't changed screen res, no, as my LCD screen has a default optimum setting of 1920 x 1080. Could that be the problem?? It's not a great crisis, as I rarely if ever use maximized windows, but I noticed it because one Photoshop plugin I use has no option to run other than maximized (!) and the main options are UNDER the shelf. However, not a big problem as they become accessible if I collapse the shelf manually - easy enough to do.

Quote:
Hoods wrote:
Minor wish list:

Right click on the separator and select 'Shelf/Dock Item Properties'.

I have done that, but the properties options are all greyed out - there's a screenshot of this under the first one.

Cheers
Robin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:15 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

My apologies, meant to reply to this a long time ago but then got so busy that I ended up forgeting about this topic. :cry:

Hoods wrote:
As you will see, the maximized (Firefox) window respects the left hand dock, but is UNDER the shelf by the red outlined amount. Another dock on the right is also respected. I am not hiding the taskbar, and generally don't have the Shelf collapsed.

That's the problem right there. The Shelf only reserves enough screen space so maximized windows do not cover a COLLAPSED Shelf.

Hoods wrote:
I have done that, but the properties options are all greyed out - there's a screenshot of this under the first one.

Ah, right, only dock separators can have an icon associated to them, and that is primarily because separators in docks can also double up as sub-dock 'place holders'.

Last edited by winstep on Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:50 pm 

Ah right - thanks, Jorge. As long as I understand these things. :)

Cheers
Robin

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]