Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Customize Startbar & SysTray integrating outside program?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:48 pm 

Hate to bug you again, but since you've made some changes with v10.x, I'm wondering if the program I use for my clock can now be integrated with your theme for the Taskbar.

I like the Winstep Taskbar, but want to keep my program in the System Tray. I tried, but couldn't do it. Would installing the program somewhere in a Winstep program allow it to be done?

BTW, when I select the feature to Show the Startbar, it shows unlighted and when I click on it it brings up my Modules and not the items that normally show up when my default Windows Startbar is clicked. I'm using XP Media Center Edition 2002.

I know this means that it is tied to it but I'm afraid to tinker with that because I don't want to change how the Modules are working.

The first Screenshot is with the default Windows Taskbar with my clock program.

The second is what happens when I apply the Winstep Windows 7 theme.

Post subject: Re: Customize Startbar & SysTray integrating outside program
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Problem is that your clock program is intended as a toolbar for the Windows taskbar, and, as such, will not work with the NextSTART taskbar.

You can always tell NextSTART NOT to replace the Windows taskbar, and still be able to access the main NextSTART menu via a top left screen corner bump with the mouse pointer.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Customize Startbar & SysTray integrating outside program
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:22 pm 

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I had a feeling that the clock program would probably make it impossible to be integrated with Winstep since as you stated wasn't designed for that. It is a very old program and I'm guessing at its inception there weren't any such programs like yours around.

By the way, v10.x automatically puts NextSTART in the System Tray even with the default Windows taskbar enabled which is great so I don't have to use a bump feature to access it.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]