Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: GRAPHIC ACTIVITY/FAN/TEMPERATURE METER
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:42 am 

This is shown in my ATI control center. I really want this meter to be shown on my desktop like the cpu/ram/internet meters. I have dualmonitor and it really helps if I know the graphic activity usage when I'm playing game on my main monitor and get to see the graphic usage on the alternate monitor, to know the graphic setting to set for the game.

Will I ever get this feature? ):

Post subject: Re: GRAPHIC ACTIVITY/FAN/TEMPERATURE METER
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I doubt it, unless it is in cooperation with a 3rd party dedicated program such as Everest.

The problem is that there is no standard way of getting temperatures for graphic cards... Every hardware vendor does it their own way, and it even changes from graphics card to graphics card.

That is why you have applications entirelly dedicated to reporting temperatures and voltages, and the authors have to keep up with changes happening all the time. This is not the goal of Winstep Xtreme/Nexus.

Try googling for 'MSI Afterburner'.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: GRAPHIC ACTIVITY/FAN/TEMPERATURE METER
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:11 am 

If I want that module just for myself? Is it very hard(programming needed?) to make it? like since it's already on my ATI-Control-Center, I just want it to appear on my desktop instead. best if using the same theme. Is there ways to make a module and reads/share the data of the ati-control center or instead even read the data from the graphic card itself.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]