Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Tip of the Day NextSTART explanation needed
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:36 am 

Please explain where these are. I have no idea where or what a titlebar or Endcap is. :oops: Thanks.

Also, when you say open, do you mean that the box will open, or that it will only put it in the System Tray?

I would like to know about this in case I shut off NextSTART for some reason in my Sys Tray and will be able to open it more quickly avoiding more steps.

Post subject: Re: Tip of the Day NextSTART explanation needed
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:29 am 

Hi Windy, Do you see in the dialog window it says " winstep xTreme tip o the day"
That is the titlebar.Any window or winstep menu box you see , double cliking on the title will bring up the prefs. I am not sure what an endcap is but the titlebar is good enough. You can set up a hot key too to activate prefs, I dont remembe where it is but look around, you will find some other neet tricks too.
Hope this helps
s

Profile YIMICQ 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:06 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok, I must have missed this topic.

Windy, that means that when you can double click the titlebar or the endcap of a NextSTART menu to open NextSTART Preferences.

Dependent on the current skin, a menu is usually divided into 3 sections: the menu titlebar (just like the titlebar of a window), the menu body (where all the menu items are) and, optionaly, and endcap. The endcap is a bitmap that terminates the menu, and not all themes show this.

For instance, take a look at this image:

The sub-menu makes it easier to understand: the top part of the menu that says 'Settings' is the titlebar of the menu. That black part at the bottom of the menu, is the Endcap.

By default, double clicking any of this two areas acts as a shortcut to NextSTART Preferences.

You can set what various clicks to menu titlebars and endcaps do in NextSTART Preferences -> Menus -> Menu Titlebar Actions

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:00 am 

Thanks Essjay22 and Jorge. After reading your answer I realized that the aforementioned function only works when the Winstep Taskbar is enabled. That's why after clicking around on everything I couldn't get it to work.

As Jorge knows, I don't have the Winstep taskbar enabled because of another taskbar program I use for my clock which cannot be integrated.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:04 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Which is funny because one reviewer once described Winstep Xtreme as 'clocks everywhere', hehe.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]