Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Manual RGB values for Theme colorize
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:08 am 

Hi Jorge

I love the Colorize option, which enables me to match my theme to my wallpaper, but if I try to enter numeric values in the Windows color picker it limits you to 2 digits. I checked the Windows color picker in Photoshop, and it does the same thing. I'm 99.99% sure I could enter my own values at least in XP and programs like Paintshop Pro. Is this a Windows 7 thing?? Is there a trick to adding an exact color??

TIA for any enlightenment.

Robin

Post subject: Re: Manual RGB values for Theme colorize
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Eh? I can enter 3 digits for each RGB value in the color picker, regardless of Windows version.

Are you running WindowBlinds? If so, might be a problem with that particular skin.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:39 am 

No, no blinds or any other unusual modifications that I can think of. (Haven't been using 7 long enough to stuff things up yet!) My system font is Segoe UI 9, not sure if that's the native 7 font or not?? I manually changed my fonts to Segoe when I used Vista, so it's conceivable I've done the same with Windows 7, can't remember. That did affect the appearance of some truncated text entry boxes, but I could still make the entries, so I don't see how my font style/size would affect anything.

This problem is definitely throughout my system - same deal wherever there's a color picker involved. What's strange is that where there is a 3 digit value (HSL or RGB) it shows as 3 digits, but I can't alter it to another 3 digit number. Darned annoying. I have posted to a Windows 7 forum to see if someone can shed some light on the subject.

Robin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:26 am 

If you're referring to the color picker on the 'About' screen, it runs RGB values from -100 to +100. I too find that hard to relate to values of 0-256 for RGB values as defined by normal color pickers. The color picker values for my environment would be 215,194,129. It's hard to relate that to values of -100 to +100.
Thanks,
Grouch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:44 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The colorize slider in the About tab is NOT a color picker, at least not in terms of absolute color values.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:07 am 

No, Grouch, I'm not referring to what I would call the RGB MIXER in the About window. I am referring to the native Windows Color Picker that is accessed by various programs and where you SHOULD be able to type in the numeric RGB or HSL values to choose a precise color. I am unable to do this.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:26 am 

FWIW to let you know I gave up ont this and restored a system image/backup done immediately after installing all my main software to a clean Windows 7 install. That fixed the problem. Still NO clue what caused it in the first place - probably some errant registry clean up. :)

Anyhow thanks to all for suggestions!

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]