Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Icons cut off on Nexus Dock
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:47 pm 

First of all I would like to congratulate you on how feature-packed and well executed this program is. It's very impressive, coming from other dock applications. The amount of customization is shocking (the ability to use other software's themes and an actual memory footprint reducer are two features that blew me away). Now all I need is a decent implementation of stacks and I'm sold.

I had to get that off my chest... and now to my problem: when icons are big enough (when zoomed on mouseover for example) the top part of the icons gets cut off. Any way to fix this on the current version?

Post subject: Re: Icons cut off on Nexus Dock
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for the thumbs up! :D

Nexus v10.6 will be released tomorrow. The 10.6 version is a maintenance update that also fixes a few visual glitches with the mouse over effects on the dock.

The next version after that will add two major features: Windows 7 "Superbar" ability to the dock and a native Stacks docklet. Unfortunately the latter will only be available in the paid Nexus Ultimate version, as it would otherwise undermine one of the main reasons to upgrade to Ultimate (the ability to categorize your programs into multiple docks, sub-docks, and, in the future, native Stacks).

Users of the free version can always use Cris'n'Softs stand alone stacks docklet, of course.

As for your problem: could you please tell me which version of Nexus you are running and post a screenshot of the issue (press the PRTSCR key to capture a screenshot of your desktop into the Windows clipboard and then paste the image into MS Paint or another image editor program)?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:17 pm 

Thanks for the quick reply. Since the Nexus Dock is so good (compared to my expectations) I might actually get the paid version... though only if it is easy to remove the rest of the software that comes along with it which to me is bloat (I installed a trial of Winstep Xtreme 9.5, and to be polite let's just say I didn't like it).

I certainly appreciate all the work you put toward this software, and indeed certain parts of this program are very good.

I can only get the cutoff to happen with one theme (I didn't try too many before posting this thread so I did not realize this) - it's a RocketDock theme, Acier. Just for kicks I tried 4 or 5 other RocketDock themes from my collection and they did not have the cutoff. Here's a screenshot.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

v9.5?! Uff, that's over an year old and it still features the old bloated and confusing UI. Is that what you are running? :shock:

If so, please download v10.6 from here and just install that on top of what you already have.

Also, don't forget that everything in Winstep Xtreme is modular - you only use what you want. But I advise you to have a quick look at the Overview section of the Winstep Xtreme page here - it will probably give you a few ideas.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]