Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: iTunes and internet Shortcut Icon issues
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:02 pm 

Is there a way to add itunes and control itunes? I have to revert to my Windows 7 taskbar to do that. Also, whenever I drag a desktop internet shortcut icon to Nexus, the icon changes to the default IExplorer or firefox icon. Why? What's the point of having an icon if I only know what it actually is by reading the title? I have some icons that I've actually put blanks as the title because they are so obvious as to what they are. I have approx 10 cloud software products that I use in my business, so the shortcuts are links. Windows 7 desktop knows what the correct software icon is, so why can't Nexus also? I would like to eventually remove ALL icons from my desktop and put them on the Nexus bar, but having the same icon for all internet shortcuts makes this difficult.

Post subject: Re: iTunes and internet Shortcut Icon issues
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You can personalize the icons by dropping a PNG, TIF or ICO file into the shortcuts (or you can right click on the shortcut -> Dock Entry Properties -> Change Icon).

The problem is that the icons provided by IE and FF for URLs shortcuts are *temporary* icons, and, IIRC, do not get passed along when you do a drag & drop operation.

Anyway, I'll look further into this. :D

As for iTunes, although Winstep is able to control WinAmp and the Windows Media Player via internal commands (which can be added to the Quick Launch area of the taskbar) Itunes requires a COM object to be able to control it. And, from what I read, initiating the iTunes COM object also makes iTunes start automatically.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]