Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Access the dock / toggle
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:35 pm 

What is the best way to have access to the dock and/or shelf without them getting into the way?

I am used to Object dock and this comes to the foreground when I hover the mouse over it - otherwise it is invisible. I like this function but have not found how to achieve this with the dock/shelf? It seems to me that I need to minimise screens of active programs first to gain access to the functions of the dock - seems counterintuitive to me and I suppose it's just me not finding this option among the many config modes. :oops:

Post subject: Re: Access the dock / toggle
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:09 pm 

I don’t know what you’re using, but most likely there is a way to hide the dock and shelf on mouse over. I made a video. In Winstep Xtreme 10.06.0887…View My Video

Right-click on Winstep icon opening Context Menu and left-click on Preferences. It will open Workshelf Preferences. Just follow along with the video. In case you don't notice in the video, under the Docks and Shelves tabs, you have to click each section.

I didn’t click on Apply and Ok because I didn’t want to change my settings.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:11 am 

Thanks Windy,

I had just found these options and I am still testing which set up I prefer. Sometimes only actual usage will reveal issues with how a dock in a certain position may cause a problem with another program, covering some area etc.

many thanks for the video help.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:32 pm 

You're welcome. I gave you a little time to check out things before I replied. There are so many configurations to choose from it's hard to make up your mind.

It's kind of like trying to choose from a room full of all your favorite models which one you want. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]