Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Taskbar icon grouping
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:58 am 

I have run into a strange bug.

If I choose the classic windows style taskbar, it never groups icons of the same program together regardless of my selection in the workshelf preferences. On the other hand, if I choose Windows 7 style, it always groups the icons regardless of my workshelf settings.

I'm using Vista Ultimate 64 bit but tried it on 32 bit as well and got the same results.

For example, if I have 5 IE windows open, in classic mode they show as 5 separate icons with text. If I switch to Windows 7 mode they are immediately grouped into a single IE icon. Changing the grouping preferences has no effect, only changing the taskbar settings does.

Post subject: Re: Taskbar icon grouping
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:43 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have a feeling this is happening because you are running Winstep Xtreme and having figured out yet that Xtreme is a *suite* of separate applications:

WorkShelf/Nexus controls docks, the Shelf and Desktop modules.

NextSTART controls menus, taskbar, hotspots.

So, I think you are trying to set groupping options in WorkShelf, which will affect the list of running applications in docks and the Taskbar tab of the Shelf, but will have no effect on the NextSTART's taskbar.

Try pressing CTRL+F12 to access NextSTART Preferences, then change things on the Taskbar tab of NextSTART Preferences and let me know if I am right.

Otherwise, I assume you are using the right-click menu of a task button -> Tasklist Settings -> Style to make changes to the Taskbar, right? Use the same menu to change the Tasklist Grouping options to 'Group Similar'.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:27 pm 

I was not using the right click styles method. That seems to have fixed the problem however. Thank you very much.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:03 pm 

Hi Jorge... i will add something to this 11 year post!

Will you please consider adding to the grouping options the "group when taskbar is full", just as windows does...

This is a very practical option, that optimises the working space (yes, I'm making an allusion again to your claim on winstep site...)

Greetings,

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]