Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Problem with weather icon and proxy
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:14 pm 

Since I started to use ccproxy the icon on the dock doesn't get updated - it just displays a std grey icon with 'N/A'. Moving the mouse over displays the 5-day forecast with icons ok and doubleclicking the icon loads the browser at the weather page ok. I've tried 'use IE proxy settings', 'alternative connection detection' and every combination, but no change - 'check weather' doesn't change the icon. When I set IE not to use the proxy and it works fine. Any guidance would be appreciated. I'm using Windows7(32bit).

Post subject: Re: Problem with weather icon and proxy
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Won't be able to help you much either, as there are lots of different proxies out there. Try reading Ccproxy's FAQ page, which you can find here, on how to configure it to work with other software. The weather module uses port 80 (HTML) to access weather information.

Suppose proxy address is 192.168.0.1, also try clearing the 'Use IE settings' checkbox in the Advanced tab of preferences and setting Address to 192.168.0.1 and Port to 808.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:56 pm 

Thanks for the response, I already tried setting the proxy manually but it didn't cure the problem. Its odd that the mouse-over pop-up 5-day forecast window gets data and works ok, just not the icon on the dock and no data appears in the 'weather module settings' page, it only displays 'N/A'. The pop-up must be getting its data a different way - doesn't sound like a problem with the proxy server, does it?

Last edited by thekitehunter on Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Try re-starting Nexus to make sure - the weather forecast icons can become 'persistant' (i.e.; keep the last known forecast) if connection fails.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:28 pm 

Yes, tried that, again - even added a random new weather city no different - also noticed that no data appears in the 'weather module settings' page, it only displays 'N/A'. The pop-up, which works, must be getting its data in a different way

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]