Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Windows 7 Shutdown/restart confirmation screen
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:54 am 

I've searched high and low in the forums, FAQ and even "googled" it, but I can't find any reference to how to turn off the "Are you sure you want to restart/shutdown windows" that pops up after clicking on either Restart or Shutdown. Right now, it takes four "Clicks" and chasing the menu tree to shutdown or restart Windows. I know it doesn't sound like much but I can shutdown Windows (pre-nexus) by clicking the "Start" button and then clicking on shutdown (or whatever the button default is set for), and it's very little mouse movement. Besides, I don't know why I need to "Confirm" I want to shut down or restart whenever I click on the shutdown/restart button.

I know, it's a little thing.

However, You've WON ME over with this program and I purchased it last night! (I'm a former "Wincustomizer, Windowblinds, etc. Customer).

I'm a Private PC Tech/Consultant with approximately 50 regular clients. I think many of them will find this "interface" extremely useful, so I'll be recommending to them as well (Even some of my "MAC" converts will like this).

I'll be back tomorrow with more questions!

Thanks again

Post subject: Re: Windows 7 Shutdown/restart confirmation screen
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:56 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Currently there is no way to turn off the exit confirmation dialogs, but it seems to be such a popular request that I give in and will add a setting for that in the next release. :D

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:51 pm 

Don't worry about it too much, like I said, it's a little thing. In the meantime I can still press the "Windows" key on the keyboard and access the original start menu, and simply click on shutdown from there.

My next question has probably been asked a thousand times but if I wanted to share my "theme" with someone, how do I save it as a .xtreme file. I was hoping for some kind of "button" that said "export theme" or perhaps a "Save settings as..."

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

From v9.5 to v10.6, skinning settings were removed from the applications themselves and are in the process of being transfered into an individual application which will be called something like 'Winstep Theme Builder'.

This is why you won't find a lot of skinning settings on v10.6, or a 'Save Theme' button. That said, if you are running Xtreme, clicking the 'Customize' button in the Themes tab in Preferences will allow you to customize some of the fonts and text color/effects settings for the current theme - this settings are saved automatically when you click the Ok button in Preferences.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]