Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Winstep Nexus Dock v10.8 preview
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:14 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Preview of the next release of the FREE Winstep Nexus dock: system tray on the dock, Windows 7 "superbar" abilities (even on XP) with Aeropeek (Vista/7), nine new cool dock mouseover effects, and MUCH MORE!

The Winstep Nexus dock is a FREE, dock for Windows. Every feature you’d expect from a dock, including widgets, mouse-over effects, skins, drag-and-drop, and even others not available in most other docks, such as live icon reflections, in-dock system tray, Vista Blur-behind effects, and much more. Completely customizable, Nexus has thousands of backgrounds freely available online and is fully compatible with skins for all 3rd party docks.

Nexus Ultimate is an enhanced version of the free-to-use Nexus dock which is available stand-alone or as a component of Winstep Xtreme (a single easy-to-install package featuring all of Winstep's popular desktop enhancement products for Windows). Nexus is free. Nexus Ultimate is available from $24.95.

Nexus runs on the 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista and Windows 7 and is currently available in the following languages: Catalan, Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Dutch, English, Farsi (Persian), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brasil), Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Winstep Nexus Dock v10.8 preview
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:44 pm 

Looks good! I've been waiting anxiously for the new release. I'm really excited to see if any of the changes I suggested have been incorporated. One thing that springs to mind after watching the video - is it possible to treat the notification area icons differently to normal icons, in that they don't have an effect upon clicking them? Sometimes it's a bit frustrating when I click on an icon (e.g. mail) and it bounces up and down and the menu doesn't appear.

Other than that though, can't wait! Keep up the good work :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:30 pm 

I am hoping this release would fix:

- double click any icon hides the dock
- dragging an icon over locked dock still makes it to move

And also add some new features like:

- add option to disable edge bump delay
- add stack docklets

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:09 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Stack docklets aren't implemented in the current private beta, no idea about the other features ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:04 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

turbo_stream wrote:
double click any icon hides the dock

Fixed.
turbo_stream wrote:
dragging an icon over locked dock still makes it to move

Please refresh my memory about this one?
turbo_stream wrote:
add option to disable edge bump delay

Edge bump delay can be specified in the General tab of Nexus Preferences. If you meant 'disable edge bump activation', on the other hand, it's there already.
turbo_stream wrote:
add stack docklets

The free version of Nexus will not feature a native Stacks docklet, sorry, only Nexus Ultimate and Winstep Xtreme (and even there, native Stacks has, unfortunately, been pushed back yet again - on the other hand, a lot of work has been done on sub-docks, which are just as functional if not as flashy).

In the free version of Nexus you can always use Cris'n'Soft's excelent stand alone Stacks application.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:52 am 

Ok, great thanks for the info.

For the locked dock, for example, I use Win Taskbar and Nexus Dock above it. And I have a couple of programs open. What I mostly use is drag n drop images into PS. So when I am dragging the image from desktop to PS over Nexus Dock the dock icons just spread out I guess making room for the new icon even if the dock is locked.

Edge bump - when I have mouse on the bottom of the screen for a couple of seconds the dock comes out over opened programs, I've set the delay to max but it still kinda bothers me. Would be cool to have an option to disable that so it doesn't pop out over the opened programs.

Stack Docklets - would like to see how is that gonna be implemented. Chriss n Soft is okay but you need to click on the top-center part of the icon that it would show nicely.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:01 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

turbo_stream wrote:
So when I am dragging the image from desktop to PS over Nexus Dock the dock icons just spread out I guess making room for the new icon even if the dock is locked.

The 'Lock Icons' setting was simply preventing icons from being dragged 'away' from the dock (or within the dock), but yet, what you say does make sense, so now I also prevented items from being added to the dock when 'lock icons' is enabled.

turbo_stream wrote:
Edge bump - when I have mouse on the bottom of the screen for a couple of seconds the dock comes out over opened programs, I've set the delay to max but it still kinda bothers me. Would be cool to have an option to disable that so it doesn't pop out over the opened programs.

In that case what you wanted was the 'Disable Edge Bump' setting, which has already been added for v10.8. It will prevent the dock from activating (comming forward) when you bump the associated screen edge - unless the dock is hidden, of couse, in which case it will still un-hide it.

turbo_stream wrote:
Stack Docklets - would like to see how is that gonna be implemented. Chriss n Soft is okay but you need to click on the top-center part of the icon that it would show nicely.

As I said, the free version of Nexus will not feature a native Stacks docklet, though. :wink:

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:25 am 

I really liked windows 7 superbar... its good enough but its not 3D...
I simply wish nexus contains windows 7 superbar features like jumplists, and running instances of docked items as single instance in the dock

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:57 am 

Show-off!

It looks awesome. Looking forward to it.
Thanks for all your hard work!

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 9 posts ]