Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: 3 Requests I really want for Nexus!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:33 pm 

Hello,

I have some requests for future added options in Nexus Dock.

1. I really would like the option to change the color of the font of the text when hovering your cursor over the each items on the dock.

RocketDock has this feature.
http://rocketdock.com/

2. I would like an option to prevent the dock from hiding when “Show Desktop” is clicked.

ObjectDock has this feature.
http://www.stardock.com/products/objectdock/

3. I have “Always on bottom” selected however if I point my cursor at the very top of the screen the Nexus Dock appears over my windows. I have selected “Long” for Edge Bump Delay which seems to be about 3 seconds.

Is there any chance you can add an option to disable “Edge Bump” altogether? Or at the very least add an option for the delay to be more then 3 seconds?

ObjectDock has the feature to disable “Edge Bump”
http://www.stardock.com/products/objectdock/

Now I know one way to keep the Nexus Dock from ever showing over other windows is if I uncheck “Dock to screen edge” however when doing this I do not like that the whole dock can be moved. I need it to be locked.

So in this case if the only way to keep the Nexus dock from showing over other windows is to uncheck “Dock to screen edge” can you then add an option to “lock” the nexus dock in place so it can not be moved or dragged?

Please can the above be done? :)

Thanks for your time

Post subject: Re: 3 Requests I really want for Nexus!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

gate1975mlm wrote:
1. I really would like the option to change the color of the font of the text when hovering your cursor over the each items on the dock.

Added for next release.

gate1975mlm wrote:
2. I would like an option to prevent the dock from hiding when “Show Desktop” is clicked.

What do you mean? When Show Desktop is clicked the dock remains on screen. You are running v10.6, no?

gate1975mlm wrote:
3. Is there any chance you can add an option to disable “Edge Bump” altogether? Or at the very least add an option for the delay to be more then 3 seconds?

Why isn't 3 seconds enough? That delay is there to prevent accidental edge bumps, and should be more than enough?

This said, perhaps a 'disable edge bump activation' setting, for when the dock is not hidden but behind another window, would probably be useful. Some people do complain that the dock sometimes 'gets in the way' because bumping the screen edge it is attached to with the mouse pointer brings it forward - this is normally solved by increasing the edge bump delay, though.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:06 pm 

winstep wrote:
gate1975mlm wrote:

Added for next release.

gate1975mlm wrote:

What do you mean? When Show Desktop is clicked the dock remains on screen. You are running v10.6, no?

gate1975mlm wrote:
3. Is there any chance you can add an option to disable “Edge Bump” altogether? Or at the very least add an option for the delay to be more then 3 seconds?

Why isn't 3 seconds enough? That delay is there to prevent accidental edge bumps, and should be more than enough?

This said, perhaps a 'disable edge bump activation' setting, for when the dock is not hidden but behind another window, would probably be useful. Some people do complain that the dock sometimes 'gets in the way' because bumping the screen edge it is attached to with the mouse pointer brings it forward - this is normally solved by increasing the edge bump delay, though.

Yes when I click "Show Desktop" icon on windows 7 64 bit the Nexus Dock also disappears. Yes am am running 10.6.

Also do perfer if you added a 'disable edge bump activation' setting :)

And thanks so much for you willing to add option to change the color of the font of the text when hovering your cursor over the each items on the dock :)

I will be buying Nexus Ultimate very very soon :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

gate1975mlm wrote:
Yes when I click "Show Desktop" icon on windows 7 64 bit the Nexus Dock also disappears. Yes am am running 10.6.

I'm also running Win7 64 bit here and if I click on Show Desktop (or press WIN+D) the dock will remain on screen. It will only disappear if I mouse over the 'AeroPeek' handle of the Windows 7 taskbar, but even then, clicking on the handle will make the dock appear.

gate1975mlm wrote:
Also do perfer if you added a 'disable edge bump activation' setting :)

You still haven't explained why a 3 second delay isn't enough. I would like to understand that. :D

gate1975mlm wrote:
I will be buying Nexus Ultimate very very soon :)

You definitely won't regret it. :wink:

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:29 pm 

Quote:
I'm also running Win7 64 bit here and if I click on Show Desktop (or press WIN+D) the dock will remain on screen. It will only disappear if I mouse over the 'AeroPeek' handle of the Windows 7 taskbar, but even then, clicking on the handle will make the dock appear.

I wonder what could be wrong on my end?

Quote:
You still haven't explained why a 3 second delay isn't enough. I would like to understand that. :D

3 seconds is enough for anyone if they want to use that feature.

I however I just don't want the Nexus dock to ever be able to open over my opened windows. Thats why I would just like an option to disable "edge bump activation'

I used this option in Stardocks Objectdock.

However I just love Nexus dock so much more now and was hoping this little feature could be added :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:43 pm 

Quote:

I just fixed it :)

I had to select "Normal" under Z order :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

gate1975mlm wrote:
I had to select "Normal" under Z order :)

Well, err, yeah, and that is by design. An 'always on bottom' dock, like you had, is supposed to NOT appear when you show the desktop. My fault for not noticing your mention of this detail on your first message.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:24 pm 

Ok after some more testing I have 1 issue that is really annoying me! :(

I want Nexus Dock to appear when I select "Show Desktop" so in order to do this I have to run Nexus Dock in "Z-Order Normal". However when doing this Nexus Dock pops up over open windows if for example I have a opened window and click on the desktop next to the window.

I want it so Nexus Dock can not pop up over any opened windows at all! Even if the window does not have the "Focus"

I never ever want to see Nexus Dock over other windows and always want it to be in back of them.

The only way to keep Nexus Dock from ever popping up over any window is to use "Z-Order Always On Bottom" however doing it this way does not allow Nexus Dock to stay when I select "Show Desktop".

Also I notested even if you use "Z-Order Always on Bottom" If you pause you cursor on a dock item it will show a popup displaying what that dock is over a window. I do not want it this way.

If I have a window open right below the NexusDock and I happen to move my cursor over any part of the NexusDock I still do not want any part of the NexusDock showing up over my windows!

I tested StarDock ObjectDock it it does not have this issue.

With ObjectDock using the same "Z-Order Normal" they called it "Regular" ObjeckDock always is in the back of all open windows. Even if I click on the desktop next to the window its still in the back.

Can you "PLEASE" fix this and make Nexus Dock work the same way Objectdock can to it :)

If I did not explain this good enough please let me know.

Last edited by gate1975mlm on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:28 pm 

Also I paid for NexusDock Ultimate and would like to beta test! :)

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 9 posts ]