Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Shelf does not automatic close anymore
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:29 am 

annoying - for some reason since a few hours the shelf never closes automatic. I have to click the right to close it.
Also, no matter what preference I set - the shelf opens at the slightest move on my desktop: example I use the windows start bar - the helf just opens and then stays there.

Am at a point where I would get rid of the sehlf totaslly and just create tons of sub-docks.
Would be nice if someone could point me in the right directions, since there is really no manual at all for the ultimate version.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Shelf does not automatic close anymore
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok, lets see:

To get your Shelf to collapse/close automatically and prevent it from opening when you bump the bottom screen edge with the mouse pointer:

1. Right click on the Shelf's left mini-tab and open the Shelf Properties dialog.
2. Go to the Behavior tab and set 'How would you like to collapse the shelf?' to 'Automatically after a short delay'.
3. Disable 'Activate shelf by bumping the screen edge with the mouse pointer' (alternatively you can increase the Edge Bump Delay in WorkShelf Preferences -> General).

If you want the Shelf and docks to collapse/hide automatically regardless of the focus being already on another window or not, then

1. Open WorkShelf Preferences
2. Go to the Advanced tab and click the Advanced button
3. Disable 'Hide or collpase automatically only when other windows have the focus'.

Hope this helps,

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]