Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Tray Icon Bug
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:30 am 

Hello there,

I just have to say that the free version is amazing and does exactly what I do. And hopefully when I get some money in, ill buy the ultimate version.

But, one thing that is annoying me is the fact that tray icons dont work.

I'm using windows 7 x86 ultimate, and every time I click on the grouped or normal tray icon in the dock, it opens it, but if I move my mouse one pixel it moves.

So you cant even do anything. It does popup and show like the wireless connections, battery, but moving your mouse 1px just automatically closes it :/

Would be grateful if you know how to fix and possibly do a quick update :P

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Tray Icon Bug
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:51 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not a problem I have heard of before, and I'm also running Windows 7 Ultimate (although the x64 version).

Here is what I think is happening: when you mouseover a dock half covered by a window, after a little while the dock comes automatically forward so you can see all of it, and, when you mouse away, it returns focus to the window that was previously covering it.

Now, the key issue here seems to be 'after a little while'. When you click on a system tray icon, the panel that pops up will stay visible until it loses focus (for instance, when you click somewhere else), after which it disappears automatically. Seems to me that the dock is 'grabbing' the focus too soon instead of waiting half a second or so, which would give you more than enough time to move the mouse pointer over the system tray panel that pops up.

This issue doesn't happen here, at least not under a normal configuration. What are your current settings? Please be as detailed as possible. Also, experiment a bit with different settings to see if you can solve the problem and we can figure out the 'culprit'.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:08 pm 

EDIT:

I just managed to fix it!

You go into Advanced -> Misc tab and put the popup delay to like full or just before it.

If you put that to 0ms, then what was happening to me happens. If you put it to like 1000ms, then it pops up long enough for me to use it :)

This is great, I can now use this dock as a fully functional taskbar. No need for windows 7 taskbar!

Thanks for the quick responses as well!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Alright, thanks for letting me know. I'll try to fix this issue so it doesn't happen with system tray icons even if the popup delay is set to 0 ms.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fixed this so that in the next release you can still set the dock popup delay to 0 ms without it interfering with clicks on system tray icons.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]