Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: A Few Problems with WinStep Xtreme 10.9
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:53 pm 

Hi Jorge,

1.....I just noticed when I re-start the computer, the colorize feature of the FX reverts to non-colorized. (IE: the check box is unchecked)

2.....Every now and then when I have an app running maximized (usually Firefox) and I move the mouse over the dock, (which is sitting on top of the NextStart taskbar) The full screen app un-maximizes. And, even though "Link To Shelf" isn't selected, when I hover over the dock, the shelf appears. (which is at the top of the screen)

I looked but I didn't see anyone else mentioning these problems.

Thanks,

Forgot to mention: Win7 64 bit

Post subject: Re: A Few Problems with WinStep Xtreme 10.9
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
.....I just noticed when I re-start the computer, the colorize feature of the FX reverts to non-colorized. (IE: the check box is unchecked)

1. Hmmm, seems to be sticking here.

Anyone else seing this?

How are you setting the colorize effect? Try setting it, exiting the dock properties dialog and then immediately restarting WorkShelf. Does that make the setting stick?

Quote:
Every now and then when I have an app running maximized (usually Firefox) and I move the mouse over the dock, (which is sitting on top of the NextStart taskbar) The full screen app un-maximizes. And, even though "Link To Shelf" isn't selected, when I hover over the dock, the shelf appears. (which is at the top of the screen)

Any chance of a screenshot so I can visualize your desktop better? Anyway, the dock comming to the foreground should, in no way, un-maximize a window.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: A Few Problems with WinStep Xtreme 10.9
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:10 am 

Quote:
How are you setting the colorize effect? Try setting it, exiting the dock properties dialog and then immediately restarting WorkShelf. Does that make the setting stick?

Yeah, exiting and re-starting seems to make it stick, even re-started computer and still works. :D

Other problem seems to have gone away when I made shortcut to activate dock "none" and checked "Prevent dock from being dragged with mouse" under the Advanced button. 8)

I do have a few other customization programs running, like Fences Pro, Windowblinds, Cursor FX (installed but using Windows cursor), ObjectDock2 Plus (installed but not active) and DeskScapes. (Not running) as well as PowerPro (for hotkeys, macros, messages etc.) :wink:

All running on an AMD Pheonom 9600 quad core 2.3 GHz w/3 GB ram, ATI Radeon HD 4650 w/512 MB. OS is Win7 64 bit.

Wasn't a big deal though, just mentioning it to see if anyone else was having the same problems. Seems it's just me! :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]