Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Weather Module Won't Display Sky Condition or Scroll Feature
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:07 am 

I'm having an issue with part of the Weather Module. When I first installed, it briefly had the scroll and just disappeared. How can I get the scroll working again?

It now just displays Obscured. where it is supposed to at least display the sky conditions if not the scroll. I've tried numerous things to get it working but can't.

Post subject: Re: Weather Module Won't Display Sky Condition or Scroll Fea
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sky conditions will only scroll if the information doesn't fit the allocated space (and this also depends on the current theme). Obscured is a valid sky condition, especially when using Weather.com - METAR usually provides a little bit more information.

What are the Weather.com and METAR codes for your location?

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Weather Module Won't Display Sky Condition or Scroll Fea
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:48 pm 

What Theme(s) will allow the scroll feature and is there a way to force more info so it won't fit the allocated space?

I'll PM my Weather.com and METAR codes for my location. I just checked and the info now reads that it's Cloudy.

This is the first time it has shown anything other than Obscure since the System Recovery. In the Weather Module Settings, the box for the METAR Code is blank. I did try entering it in there earlier, but that didn't work either.

Is it supposed to be blank? I won't reenter it until I hear your answer. Also, does it matter what the name of the city is that you enter if it's different than the location of the Weather.com and METAR codes? I'm close to the location, but the name of the city I reside in is different.

I tried both ways while Obscure was displayed, but it didn't change anything. I haven't tried since it is now displaying Cloudy. Again, I'll wait for your input.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]