Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Switcher + Nexus dock?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:08 am 

http://insentient.net/

Switcher is an app that can dynamically and prettily switch between app windows.

Perhaps nexus dock could use some of these features, or build its own features?

For example, in my wishlist item I complained about the action for clicking a grouped icon - it pops up an ugly little menu list which seems a bit disjointed.

Perhaps instead, it could make an expose effect of the open windows while fading out the rest of the desktop? This would look totally awesome and much more usable.

If it is beyond the scope of nexus dock, perhaps being able to 'talk' to switcher to do the same thing could suffice?

-Ash

Post subject: Re: Switcher + Nexus dock?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:44 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ashtefere wrote:
For example, in my wishlist item I complained about the action for clicking a grouped icon - it pops up an ugly little menu list which seems a bit disjointed.

Don't know what version of Nexus you are using, but since v10.9 Nexus has been able to display live window thumbnails (just like the Windows 7 taskbar) when you mouseover running tasks in the dock. Check out minute 0:50 of this video for a demonstration:

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Switcher + Nexus dock?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:14 am 

Hi Jorge.

I know about the live taskbar thumbnails, I use them (in regards to these, can we please get the option to control how long before they fade in? I would like them to appear instantly).

I am referring to what happens when you CLICK a task group. You get a menu appearing displaying the list of tasks.
This is different to the hover behavior.

This is not as nice as the hover behavior, and I would like the option of setting the click behavior to "open last active window of group" instead, or even better an expose function to show all the windows of that group.

Hope this clears it up!

-Ash

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]