Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Workshelf clash with Mailwasher Pro 2011
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:30 am 

I have just registered my new version of Mailwasher Pro 2011 and found it produces some very weird behaviour when WorkShelf is running.

I can't use the maximise window option in Mailwasher, as the program then proceeds to 'flash' up and down on the screen (as if it's trying to maximise but 'bouncing' against a barrier) and then it finally crashes.

As long as I don't try to maximise Mailwasher to full screen, but simply resize the window by dragging the sides, there's no problem.

I've not had this problem with any other program on my computer - all maximise to full screen with no problem when WorkShelf is open.

The problem is only with WorkShelf, not with NextSTART.

Any advice about what might be causing this behaviour would be much appreciated! :)

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Workshelf clash with Mailwasher Pro 2011
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Add it to the Thumbnail exclusion list (WorkShelf Preferences -> Tasks -> Advanced -> Thumbnail Exclusion List button).

If this solves the problem, please let me know the name of MailWasher's executable so I can add it to the default exclusion list.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:09 pm 

Thanks Jorge for the suggestion, but sadly it didn't fix the problem. I added the program .exe file to the exceptions list as you suggested, but still had the same issue.

To show you exactly what happens when I try to maximise Mailwasher, I created a small screen capture for you.

You can view it at http://suejames.com/temp/Winstep_Mailwa ... asher.html

I'm not sure if this will help in diagnosing the problem, but it hopefully will show you the behaviour more clearly than a word description alone. :)

As you can see in the video, there's a flashing 'scrolling screen' behaviour first. This continues for some time, unless I click the screen at which point the large black area appears with the top program bar of Mailwasher reading 'not responding', followed by Windows' 'close program' options.

I hope this helps you in understanding what's going on.

Many thanks for your support with this - it's not a make or break situation, as I don't HAVE to have Mailwasher maximised. But it's a frustrating puzzle. :)

Warm regards
Sue

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:24 pm 

I forgot to mention that I set the thumbnail exclusion to match by application name, which was the same for other programs in the list. I hope that's correct?

I also tried enabling as well as disabling the 'retrieve thumbnail but do not refresh it' option, but the same problem occurred both ways.

Attachments:
workshelf-mailwasher-screengrab.jpg
workshelf-mailwasher-screengrab.jpg [ 103.05 KiB | Viewed 10693 times ]
 Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:56 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hmmm... Thanks for the video, that was odd!

Anyway, from a quick read of their forums it seems the latest version has a lot of issues. My guess is that this is just one of them.

Unfortunately I don't even have a clue as to what is going on in there - seems to me like Mailwasher uses some customized maximize animation and the animation is freaking out for some reason.

Have you tried reporting this issue to them (with the video)?

Try also adding 'MailWasherProApp.exe' to the exclusion list, although, after watching the video, I'm not even sure if that is related to thumbnails at all.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:21 am 

Thanks again for such a fast response Jorge .. :) Much appreciated!

As you suggested, I've now reported the problem in the Firetrust support forum as well. If I get no joy there, I'll try emailing the Firetrust support team directly.

You are probably right that it's a bug in the new version of Mailwasher - it was never a problem with the old version. :)

Thanks again for your support!

Cheers
Sue

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]