Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: New buyer questions pt 2 (strictly product lol)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:33 am 

Just 3 questions I had while I have it up and running before I play with it more

1. I like editing the modules (gadgets i guess?) from the main Winstep preferences area, but I can't help notice that when I apply the changes that it both A. starts back on the first, clock module (anyway I can have it stay on the last module I was working on? I mean I can edit all at once before I apply but I like to see the changes during each step before going on to the next one) and B. randomly will display the smaller, 'dock' version on the desktop. I haven't played with it enough to know if it just fixes itself every time I exit the preferences menu, but its still a lil weird especially since like above I work on each one separately first but have to stop when it does that and then start again. Windows 7 x64 Home Premium if that matters.

2. I'm having a small issue with NextSTART, and I don't know if its Theme caused or not, but sometimes it seems to crash after I do a task that uses it. Too random to give a good bug description but I did notice after it vanished the docks "Start" button states NextSTART is either not running or is an incompatible version (so I'm assuming official crash not the incompatible version lol). Its happened on two different themes so far, and the first one I don't remember atm but the Win7 theme that came packaged in was the other.

3. The cpu module, does that account for multi-core when tracking usage by %?

Thats it atm, I'm sure I may have more later lol Thanks!

Post subject: Re: New buyer questions pt 2 (strictly product lol)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

1.A: Just changed the code so the selected module stays the same until you close Preferences.

1.B: Please post a screenshot next time it happens. Also, try to find a pattern so I can reproduce the issue here.

2. Winstep Xtreme applications work together. Under Xtreme, the dock's 'Start Button' actually invokes NextSTART's main menu (hotspot 0, actually). If NextSTART isn't running, you get that message.

3. Per Windows rules, yes. The total % of CPU usage is the sum of all the cores. The maximum % used per application is 100/number of cores (double that last number if hyperthreading is active).

So, an application using 100% of one core on a quad-core CPU with hyperthreading off will appear as using 25%.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:45 am 

winstep wrote:
1.A: Just changed the code so the selected module stays the same until you close Preferences.

:shock: As I stated before, UNBELIEVABLE customer service here! Thank you!
winstep wrote:
1.B: Please post a screenshot next time it happens. Also, try to find a pattern so I can reproduce the issue here.

Dang it having fun toying with the product with 5 hours until I have to go to work and it being midnight here, don't throw me more excuses to avoid sleep lol I'll have to look at that more tomorrow..er..today :mrgreen:

winstep wrote:
2. Winstep Xtreme applications work together. Under Xtreme, the dock's 'Start Button' actually invokes NextSTART's main menu (hotspot 0, actually). If NextSTART isn't running, you get that message.

K, experience tells me most likely a screwed up issue on my end crashing it then. I'll have to experiment to see what actually crashed it and (hopefully, assuming I find it) get back to you on that.

Thanks for the explanation on #3, I assumed that but know another product I tried that didn't account properly, good to know :) thanks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:40 am 

s810car wrote:
winstep wrote:

K, experience tells me most likely a screwed up issue on my end crashing it then. I'll have to experiment to see what actually crashed it and (hopefully, assuming I find it) get back to you on that.

err... idk but i was only site surfing for about 30 min, and noticed NextSTART just disappeared, I don't know how long ago, but that's the 2nd time today. I'll try to find the culprit (culprits?) somehow, is there any debug logging capability that can give me a starting point?

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]