Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Bug with keyboard media buttons
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 am 

Wondering if there's anything possible to address this bug. Running on Windows 7 x64, and I was using XMPlay for just playing music (but I would assume this would be an issue with any player, haven't tested though). In my settings for the player, I have my multimedia keys on my keyboard mapped out (play, next/previous track, etc) and set to "global" so I can use them no matter which window is on focus. Always worked before, so I'm assuming one of the Winstep products is the issue. The keys do work when I have the player in focus, just no longer when its not.

Post subject: Re: Bug with keyboard media buttons
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:05 am 

quick update, it does when my browser is in focus, so may be an app-by-app basis. I'll try some more applications running and mess around to see if its on my side, sorry

Post subject: Re: Bug with keyboard media buttons
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:16 am 

k looks like I may have jumped the gun :oops: I swear ive never had that problem before and I've used these same programs, so while it does appear that i'm wrong thinking Winstep caused it, I'm not entirely sure since I know I've never had that issue before with this app. Well keep global keys in mind anyways lol :P

Btw I did find one bug from doing that but its not critical imo. When I closed NextSTART and it opened my normal start taskbar, the icons on the right are missing (my volume, network status, etc) I'm sure a system restart would restore it, so just mentioning at this point. Sorry for the jump on that :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]