Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: 1000 tiles
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:28 am 

Yea i am having problems locating the 1000 tiles that i downloaded and installed.

After following the README file several times and making sure that the files were first extracted then installed into the same file folder as the winstep program. I am not seeing them.

The instructions say to open any windock properties menu however i do not see properties i only see prefernces. After opening prefernces i get a window with many tabs docks & shelves, moduals, themes, sounds and so forth. clicking on the themes tab presents me with a small drop down box (the readme file calls this a customization box?) and a scroll box below the drop down box.

There is no mention of tiles in either of the 2 box anywhere. so i need help with that. also im using windows 7.

On an unrelated note when will there be an update for the email modual so that it works with all curret popular email programs that 99% of people today have. such as gmail, yahoo?

Post subject: Re: 1000 tiles
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:02 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok, let me explain how this works:

Under Xtreme and Nexus Ultimate you can have one Shelf (tabbed dock) and as many docks as you want. The main Preferences screen has settings that are global, i.e.; affect 'all objects' (e.g.; change a theme there and all docks change to that theme).

However, each dock can also have it's own, individual theme, and settings that are individual to that dock. This is accomplished by giving each dock (and the Shelf) a 'Properties' dialog (similar to the main Preferences dialog but displaying settings that affect only that particular dock).

So, right click on any dock's control icon (the icon that says Nexus) and select 'Dock Properties'. You'll see a dialog similar to the main Preferences dialog, but with less tabs. Now click on the Themes tab.

Any theme you chose on that tab will change only the theme for that dock. Now click on the top left combo and change it from 'Themes' to 'Tiles'. See? There are your missing tiles.

The tiles are dock-only bitmaps, which is why they don't appear in the Themes tab of the main Preferences window.

As for the Email module, there is a chance it might never support accounts that demand SSL v3+ encryption. AFAIK, the Winstep Email module was, for a while, the first and only Email Checker utility that supported Gmail accounts and the SSL v2 protocol.

'Normal' email accounts (those given to you by your ISP, for instance) don't usually require encrypted connections, so the Email Module is still useful 'as is'.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]