Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Clock Skinning
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:46 pm 

For the first time I actually skinned the clock through timedate.cpl. It looks great if I access it through the Windows Systray, or use ctrl+alt+d but if I bring it up using the NextStart Systray it is the Windows default. Is there something I'm missing or is this just normal for NextStart? I'm running Win 7 Pro x64. I know there are 2 timedate.cpl's. One in Sysyem32, and the other one in SysWOW64. I was informed that I only needed to skin the one in System32. Any help and or ideas would be greatly appreciated. If you would like screenshots so you can see what I mean just let me know. Thanks

P.S. fantastic job on the final for Xtreme 11.2

Post subject: Re: Clock Skinning
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:52 pm 

any chance of getting a reply to this?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

What? :D

I have no idea what you mean by 'skinned the clock through timedate.cpl', sorry.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:32 am 

winstep wrote:
What? :D

I have no idea what you mean by 'skinned the clock through timedate.cpl', sorry.

in windows timedate.cpl is the file or files(system32 and syswow64) that controls how the system clock looks when you double the clock in the systray to bring up the clock. i had someone help me skin the sys clock to match a theme by editing the timedate.cpl in system32. he told me i only needed to do the system32 file, so that is all we edited. double clicking on the clock in the windows systray brought up the clock skinned. double clicking on the nextstart systray clock brought up the clock unskinned. i guess depending on what 7(32 or 64 bit) you are running is where nextstart draws it's clock skin from. cause i installed the evolve theme you posted and the nextstart clock is skinned, meaning it must be drawing from the wow64 timedate.cpl. i just wanted to be sure before i went a head and edited the syswow64 timedate.cpl.

Last edited by ChuckysChild on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:56 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Winstep has nothing to do with skinning the clock that appears in the Date and Time Windows dialog.

When you double click the clock module or the clock on the NextSTART system tray, Winstep simply runs "rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL timedate.cpl" via ShellExcuteEx. What happens then it's up to Windows.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:01 am 

winstep wrote:
Winstep has nothing to do with skinning the clock that appears in the Date and Time Windows dialog.

When you double click the clock module or the clock on the NextSTART system tray, Winstep simply runs "rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL timedate.cpl" via ShellExcuteEx. What happens then it's up to Windows.

ok from that sounds like a quirk in windows sending the info to winstep. or maybe the winstep theme i was using is unable to draw the clock from the 32bit timedate.cpl in 7 64.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]