Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: if the application is running, don't try to open again
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:44 pm 

if i got a opened application and i click to open this application in nexus, it opens another instance of application instead open the currently running application.

is possible to change it?

Post subject: Re: if the application is running, don't try to open again
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes.

Open Nexus Preferences, go to the Advanced tab, click the Advanced button, and check the 'Do not launch multiple sessions' setting.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:48 am 

I am running WinStep Nexus 11.2
Windows 7 Business 64-bit
Intel i7 CPU

Sure enough, when I have 'Do not launch multiple sessions' deselected, I can most programs multiple times... everything but the 'My Computer' icon. It will only let me run one instance. If I create a shortcut to Explorer.exe, I can open THAT multiple times.

Another bug that is just bugging me is the fact that when I open folders as menus, any filename that is the same as the folder name does not show up unless I have windows set to 'show extensions for known file types'

I also noticed that I cannot get into the "Forum for Winstep Private Beta releases" as only registered winstep users can access this forum. I have purchased the program and would like to participate in the Beta program. What do I need to do?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:54 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

this wrote:
I am running WinStep Nexus 11.2

Nexus? You registered Winstep Xtreme, why aren't you using that?

this wrote:
Sure enough, when I have 'Do not launch multiple sessions' deselected, I can most programs multiple times... everything but the 'My Computer' icon. It will only let me run one instance.

That's Windows fault, not Nexus. The same thing will happen if you double click the My Computer icon on your Desktop.

this wrote:
Another bug that is just bugging me is the fact that when I open folders as menus, any filename that is the same as the folder name does not show up unless I have windows set to 'show extensions for known file types'

Damn! Someone sent me screenshots demonstrating this issue (was that you?) but for the life of me I can't find where that message is now. Sigh.

The problem is that I just tried reproducing this issue here (Tools -> Folder Options -> View tab -> enabled the Windows setting 'Hide extensions for known file types') and I am unable to.

What I did was create a Temp.txt text file inside the C:\Temp folder. I can see the Temp text file in the menus regardless.

this wrote:
I also noticed that I cannot get into the "Forum for Winstep Private Beta releases" as only registered winstep users can access this forum. I have purchased the program and would like to participate in the Beta program. What do I need to do?

Follow the instructions on the "How to access the Beta Forum" sticky, which you can find HERE (it's the first post in the Announcements forum). :wink:

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]