Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Tasklist Windows7
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:00 pm 

i would like to use the nexstart-taskbar instead of the windows startbar.
but a few things prevent me from this:
i ve installed the win7 taskbar plugin for winamp, so i can control winamp though the taskbar.
saddly this doesn´t work in for the nextstart tasklist.

(plus: p.e.: winamp-title-scrolling in taskbar; green progressbar for downloads from firefox in taskbar; right-click menu options from win7 taskbar etc)

so i use the windows taskbar.
but i´d like to have the quickstart-area from the nextstart-taskbar cos of the option to integrate hotspots and menus.
i tried to put hotspots on the desktop and locate them over the windows-startbar (with "always on top") but sometimes they aren´t on top.

an possibilty to solve this would be, that the nextstart-taskbar has the same functions like the windows-taskbar, or the possibility to make windows-shortcuts from hotspots, so that one could put them into the windows-taskbar.

is one of this possible?

sorry for my bad english, i hope you can undestand the problem...

Post subject: Re: tasklist windows7
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:49 am 

waulli wrote:
[blah blah blah]

The problem is, this is a Wish List, not a problem resolution list. Somebody move the post to its own thread?

Profile WWWYIMICQ 

Post subject: Re: tasklist windows7
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:10 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

skagon wrote:
waulli wrote:
[blah blah blah]

The problem is, this is a Wish List, not a problem resolution list. Somebody move the post to its own thread?

Done ;)

Post subject: Re: Tasklist Windows7
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:56 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

waulli wrote:
i ve installed the win7 taskbar plugin for winamp, so i can control winamp though the taskbar.
saddly this doesn´t work in for the nextstart tasklist.

Yes, the NextSTART taskbar is NOT the Windows taskbar, so some 3rd party plug-ins will not work with it.

This said, NextSTART has Internal Commands to control WinAmp and Windows Media Player (Play, Stop, Pause, Next, Prev, etc...) which you can put on the Quick Launch section of the NextSTART's taskbar. There is even a special 'Media' menu for this.

Something else you can do, if you want, is use the NextSTART taskbar together with the Windows taskbar.

Also, I'll look into why hotspot buttons on the desktop are not staying 'Always on top'. That's what you mean, right?

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Tasklist Windows7
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:20 pm 

yes, that´s the problem.

but the WISHES where:

possibilty to make windows-shortcuts from hotspots, so that i could put them in the quickstart-area from the windows-startbar.

or: have the same options (right-click-menu, progress bar for downloads etc) in the nextstart-taskbar.

its because i like the options of the new original windows "superbar" and want to use them. plus, i wouls like to have some hotspot-menus from nextstart in the startbar too...

so without "my wishes" i tried to solve this with using the original windows superbar, and overlay it with some hotspots from nextstart in the quickstart-area, but they disappeared behind the windows-startbar in the background...

by the way: i know the media-control-panel from nextstart, but i prefer the winamp taskbarplugin for the oringinal windows-superbar, because the controlbuttons appear with a preview of the album pic exactly in the task-preview-window with mouse-over.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]