Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Recycle Bin Module Bump
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:14 pm 

I had the Recycle Bin deleted from the Dock and WorkShelf. I put them back, however, the one on WorkShelf won't show the equivalent to Dock Entry Properties.

Anyway, I kept tinkering around and I finally found a correlation to the problem. I decided to close the Recycle Bin Module and try the bump. The strangest thing happened. The Ram Meter Module now behaved as the Recycle Bin Module had. As I closed each Module, the remaining ones behaved as the Recycle Bin Module had.

I then reopened them and figured if I add another Module maybe they would work properly. I opened Wanda but no luck. I closed her and tried the Clock Module since Wanda is a unique Module. Lo and behold, all of the initial Modules worked properly, except that I still have to bump twice once a left-click is made.

To further test it, I then closed the Clock Module and opened the Net Meter Module. It didn't work properly! The Modules behaved the same as they did before. I closed the Net Meter Module and reopened the Clock Module. And again the four Modules in the video worked as described in the underlined part of the previous paragraph.

Of course, now that the Clock Module has been added, the unfortunate result is that it now shows also.

BTW, I had to find another clock program than the one in the video because the one I was using (in XP) can't work with Windows 7. It isn't integrated with the System Tray like the one I was using. It can lay anywhere and can be set to be dragged or click on the taskbar to show and hide if it's laid anywhere on the taskbar/System Tray.

PS: Italics feature doesn't work for me so I used underline. It works on all other sites. Not sure if it's something with Chrome as I haven't tried it with IE. I notice on CNET the auto complete feature in the search box won't work properly in Chrome.

Post subject: Re: Recycle Bin Module Bump
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:23 am 

I stumbled onto a workaround while changing my Menu theme. While doing so it changed several of my settings so I had to redo a few things which included the Desktop Modules.

When I re-enabled the Modules including the clock to make the bump feature work so the Recycler Module shows with the others, I noticed the Scale entry in the Context Menu and set it to 10% and the clock is no longer visible.

Funny how often solutions/workarounds are found by accident.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2