Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: "drag & dropping PNG, ICO and TIF files directly"
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:21 am 

"easily change appearence of icons of running programs and shortcuts by drag & dropping PNG, ICO and TIF files directly into the icon."

When dragging and dropping a PNG, ICO and TIF i don't want it to change the appearance how do i disable this feature ?

I just want the PNG, ICO and TIF to open with the shortcut/icon i drag it to and not change the icons appearance.

Post subject: Re: "drag & dropping PNG, ICO and TIF files directly"
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don't be lazy, open the program first and then drop the PNG, TIF or ICO file into the program window itself. :wink:

...or associate those file types to that particular application and double click them instead of dragging.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:50 am 

I already have all my images associated with ACDSEE for viewing and i want to drag a PNG, ICO and TIF to photoshop icon for editing, i don't want to associate them with photoshop.

I really think you should add an option to disable this feature, i also managed to accidently change several other icons by accidently drag and drop PNG, ICO and TIF while moving files around on my desktop, "PLEASE ADD ON OFF SWITCH FOR THIS FEATURE" or tell me how to turn it off somehow.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:51 am 

Also how do i change back the icons that i accidently changed ? 6 of my icons are ruined. :x

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:56 am 

Or an option to lock the icons to prevent any further changes being made "like the lock icons to prevent being dragged" would be a good addition.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:01 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I really don't think we need a setting for turning this very handy feature off (i.e.; ability to customize images of shortcuts in the dock simply by dropping a PNG, ICO or TIF file into them), but here is what I did (unfortunately not in time for the Nexus v11.5 release, but it will be in Nexus Ultimate and Winstep Xtreme v11.5):

1. If you are dragging several PNG or ICO files (i.e.; more than one image file) then that operation will not be considered as icon customization, and the images will be launched with whatever application you drop them into.

2. If you enable 'Lock Icons', then dock shortcut image customization is now disabled as well. You can still drop document files into applications on the dock, however.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:07 am 

winstep wrote:
I really don't think we need a setting for turning this very handy feature off (i.e.; ability to customize images of shortcuts in the dock simply by dropping a PNG, ICO or TIF file into them), but here is what I did (unfortunately not in time for the Nexus v11.5 release, but it will be in Nexus Ultimate and Winstep Xtreme v11.5):

1. If you are dragging several PNG or ICO files (i.e.; more than one image file) then that operation will not be considered as icon customization, and the images will be launched with whatever application you drop them into.

2. If you enable 'Lock Icons', then dock shortcut image customization is now disabled as well. You can still drop document files into applications on the dock, however.

Cool 8) thanks, the ability to fully lock the icons from further changes will be really handy :P

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]