Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: problems on Nexus 11.5
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:22 am 

When my application windows is maximized, nexus dock will not be shown by touching the screen edge with my mouse unless I enable the "Auto-hide the dock after a short delay" option.

It works on version 11.2.

Another problem is "Hide/Show Desktop Icons" internal command is not working.

By the way, the drag and drop bug on Chinese systems still not fixed in my previous post.

Post subject: Re: problems on Nexus 11.5
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

k62300 wrote:
When my application windows is maximized, nexus dock will not be shown by touching the screen edge with my mouse unless I enable the "Auto-hide the dock after a short delay" option.

It works on version 11.2.

There was a change in v11.5 dealing with dock activation via a edge bump: lots of users complained that this caused the dock to pop forward accidentally when using maximized windows.

You now have to enable this option specifically: open Nexus Preferences, go to the Behavior tab and change the Activation method from None to 'Bump top screen edge'.

k62300 wrote:
Another problem is "Hide/Show Desktop Icons" internal command is not working.

Seems to be working here. Are you by any chance using a Desktop Icons customization program such as Fences?

k62300 wrote:
By the way, the drag and drop bug on Chinese systems still not fixed in my previous post.

Sorry, in truth, with the rush to get v11.5 out the door I forgot all about that. You have to pester me from now on, and I'm sure I won't be able to fix it without your direct help either, since I have no access to a Chinese system.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:21 pm 

Thanks for your quick reply.

winstep wrote:
There was a change in v11.5 dealing with dock activation via a edge bump: lots of users complained that this caused the dock to pop forward accidentally when using maximized windows.

You now have to enable this option specifically: open Nexus Preferences, go to the Behavior tab and change the Activation method from None to 'Bump top screen edge'.

I see. It's a good change. Well done!
winstep wrote:
Seems to be working here. Are you by any chance using a Desktop Icons customization program such as Fences?

It works now after I restart the system. Maybe it caused by my system.
Forget it right now.
winstep wrote:
Sorry, in truth, with the rush to get v11.5 out the door I forgot all about that. You have to pester me from now on, and I'm sure I won't be able to fix it without your direct help either, since I have no access to a Chinese system.

Just let me know when you need my help.

I found another problem. I have a "start menu" button on my dock.
When it is launched, the window of start menu would disappear quickly
after I moving the mouse. It prevented me from accessing the start menu.
I don't know why. It's normal when I push the "Win" key.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:26 pm 

winstep wrote:

I ran across the same issue - I figured it out just as I was loading up the forums to report a bug with docks not showing on screen bump :)

Might I suggest a change to the preferences menu to make this more intuitive for new users? When I first looked, I saw "shortcut combination", and to my mind "shortcut" implies "keyboard shortcut", not "screen bump", so I kept looking for the "activate on edge bump" option.

How about changing "Which shortcut combination would you like to use to activate this dock" to something like "Show this dock with an action?" with a checkbox next to it (defaulting to unchecked). For bonus "making it really obvious" points, perhaps the drop-down menu for action could be auto-selected for docked docks (ie. if the dock is set to auto-dock to the top/left/right/bottom edge of the screen, then "Bump Top/Left/Right/Bottom Screen Edge" would appear as the default "show dock" action in the menu rather than "None" (floating docks could be left to default to "None", or "Choose an action"). This would keep the current functionality - you have to explicitly choose to show a dock on screen bump/other action, and you can choose a variety of activation methods - while (hopefully) making it clearer how to do so and presenting the probable most-used option as the default, just a checkbox away.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've changed the text to 'Which action would you like to use to activate this dock?'. Hope it makes it more clearer. :)

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:04 pm 

It seems that another problem in my last reply was not noticed, so I post it again.

I found another problem. I have a "start menu" button on my dock.
When it is launched, the window of start menu would disappear quickly
after I moving the mouse. It prevented me from accessing the start menu.
I don't know why. It's normal when I push the "Win" key.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]