Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: kaspersky warning
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:36 pm 

Hi, quick question. Is it normal for Kaspersky to flag up a warning when launching Microsoft Outlook from nexus. The warning says that outlook is trying to access passwords and is being launced by an untrusted program (winstep)?

cheers

Post subject: Re: kaspersky warning
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't have Kaspersky, so hopefully some other user who does will also reply, but it kind of makes sense: Outlook does access passwords, and Outlook was launched from an untrusted application (from Kaspersky's point of view, of course). The key factor here is that Outlook was launched by a *user initiated* action, not an *application initiated* action - but Kaspersky has no way of knowing this, of course.

My guess is that Kaspersky will have some method to add Nexus to the list of trusted programs, so use that if you want to stop the warnings.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:59 pm 

Thanks for the reply. Indeed Kaspersky has the function to make winstep/nexus trusted. I didn't think it was anything suspicious, just wanted to run it past some people first :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:08 pm 

roogog wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Indeed Kaspersky has the function to make winstep/nexus trusted. I didn't think it was anything suspicious, just wanted to run it past some people first :)

i have zonealarm and normally if i launch an app from nexus or workshelf no problem, but for some reason i'll get an occasions flag from zonealarm about nexus / workshelf trying to launch say xyz app. i think all the security software prob does this.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]