Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Shelf context menu option?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:45 am 

Is there a way to turn off the context menu image preview when right clicking on an image from the shelf? XNView has an option to install XNShell which has a context menu image preview with some other options, I prefer to use XNShell.

As you can see, using XNShell I wind up with 2 image previews. I could cut off XNShell but then I would lose the preview everywhere except in Nexus as opposed to cutting off the preview from Nexus which only affects Nexus. Thanks for any help.
Attachment:
2011-07-19_23-10-38_FS-ScreenShot.png
2011-07-19_23-10-38_FS-ScreenShot.png [ 208.84 KiB | Viewed 8164 times ]

Speaking of the context menu, is there a way to make Nexus use the system style menu instead of the Vista style menu? I use Windows XP and that menu style just doesn't look right in XP. If I had the Vista menu style systemwide my thoughts would be different.

Post subject: Re: Shelf context menu option?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:42 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

And this is what happens when you mix and match more than one shell extender. :D

Unfortunately there are only two ways to disable the preview image in the right-click context menus: you disable 'full right click context menus' (in which case you also lose access to the XnShell option in the context menu) or you disable document and image thumbnails altogether (in which case picture and video files will always show their generic icon in docks and the Shelf).

As for the context menu skin, there is no way to change this under Nexus free and Nexus Ultimate, because, as you noticed, they do things that would be difficult to do (if not impossible, although I don't like that word) with 'normal' Windows menus, such as allowing to Browse in a menu the container of a file in the dock, etc...

This said, under Winstep Xtreme (which includes NextSTART) context menus *are* skinnable too, so you could apply a XP-style skin to NextSTART and the context menus in Nexus/WorkShelf would assume that look too.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Shelf context menu option?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:00 am 

I like to mix n match unfortunately for me. I would think that as awesome as Nexus is you would be able to (semi)easily add the "Don't show previews on context menu" checkbox in the shelf & dock options just for nuts like me because you are obviously a quite capable programmer. But since I don't know programming I could be very very wrong, you say you don't like the word impossible though :) If I can't ever be able to turn it off I will just have 2 previews then.

As for the context menu skin, if I had Winstep Xtreme my context menus wouldn't have the XP look but they would all match. That's all I was saying, that it would be nice for them to match.

I guess everything can't be done 2 or 3 ways, sometimes it's one or the other.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]